Starter Issue?

lexus082

Yesterday I went to start my car after work and it wouldn't turn over. I turned the key and the interior lights dimmed and nothing happened. The battery is pretty new and it has done this once before in the past (about 6 months ago.) I tried starting it again and on the third attempt it finally turned over and started up. I think its probably the starter solenoid acting up. Can anyone confirm thats what it sounds like? I started the car up and have drove it a few times since and I haven't had any problems with it starting.

Yesterday I went to start my car after work and it wouldn't turn over. I turned the key and the interior lights dimmed and nothing happened. The battery is pretty new and it has done this once before in the past (about 6 months ago.) I tried starting it again and on the third attempt it finally turned over and started up. I think its probably the starter solenoid acting up. Can anyone confirm thats what it sounds like? I started the car up and have drove it a few times since and I haven't had any problems with it starting.

It sounds like the starter contacts need replacing. How old and what type battery do you have ?

So my car has been having almost the same problem with the starter. It is hesatent to turn on when its cold out in the mornings. Battery is brand new, and all of my lights turn on as bright as they are supposed to. Yesterday i went to school after work which is 45 minutes from my job, went to class and after couple hours i was getting read to leave and it was about 20 degrees out so im running to my car because i couldnt wait to get in and turn it on to enjoy the HIGH heat and heated seats from lexus... get in and turn the key and all my lights turn on and the starter makes a winding noise like a fan or something just slipping bad... i call my dad and tell him and he says yah its probally just frozen so he tells me if i knock on it it should unstick i tried knocking on it a few times with my Mag-Lite and nothing happened, after about 10 minutes i call a tow truck and got it towed to my house so now my poor lexus is sitting outside of my house dead! How much is a starter for a 95 ES300? and how difficult are they to change yourself? Thanks in advance :cries:

get it taken care of, mine did that same exact thing for a few months. one day it wouldnt start at all. The dealer charges around $1500.00 to put a starter on the sc 400. A buddy of mines dad is lexo mechanic got mines for $650.00 parts and installed