Radiator Overflow Robust

ejs

When I turn my 1993 SC300 off, I have been hearing the radiator surging water, pop the hood and look at the plastic overflow tank and water just surges in. Will go to the top before it cools down. I don't recall this happening before. Normal? , or should I do a radiator flush to avoid excessive heat !Removed! up a head gasket or some similar problem.

I'M HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM. WHEN I SHUT THE CAR THE OVERFLOW RISES COMPLETELY TO THE TOP. WHEN I START THE CAR AGAIN, THE OVERFLOW IS BACK TO NORMAL. I JUST NOTICED THIS, AT THE SAME TIME MY A/C IS BLOWING WARM AIR NOW. CAN THIS HAVE ANYTHING TO WITH ONE ANOTHER?

Haha. Didn't even notice that. I don't care, I'm gonna still that line from you. :P

I've used it for a longgggggg time, You have used my line for the last time :chairshot: , This message will self destruct in 30 seconds :pirate: .................................................................................................................................................................................................................

:lol::lol::lol: you owe me a beer :cheers:

I'M HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM. WHEN I SHUT THE CAR THE OVERFLOW RISES COMPLETELY TO THE TOP. WHEN I START THE CAR AGAIN, THE OVERFLOW IS BACK TO NORMAL. I JUST NOTICED THIS, AT THE SAME TIME MY A/C IS BLOWING WARM AIR NOW. CAN THIS HAVE ANYTHING TO WITH ONE ANOTHER?

first off you dont need to type with your caps on. we can all see the typing.

second the a/c may turn off if the engine is overheating. otherwise the two are unrelated.

92lex and dcfish i will send both of you beers and a frozen cup :P

Looks like the thermostat on the SC 300 is a little harder to get to than I thought. Any one done it?

No noise from the water pump. Didn't they used to say only use Toyota antifreeze?

As I only popped the hood today, I replaced the trunk struts so I could down a cold one with satisfaction.

Problem was with radiator cap. The spring load was shot so it wouldn't hold any pressure which was why when I turned it off all the water went right to the overflow reservoir. Too bad I repaced the thermostat and flushed it first.