Diy Rx350 Oil Change

What size oil filter wrench is needed to remove the end cap of the oil filter (how many millimeters and number of flutes)?

Where can I get an oil filter wrench that fits the RX350?

Is the oil filter location under the plastic access panel on the passenger front of vehicle?

Thanks

• 1 year later...
What size oil filter wrench is needed to remove the end cap of the oil filter (how many millimeters and number of flutes)?

Is the oil filter location under the plastic access panel on the passenger front of vehicle?

Thanks

Anyone also know how many quarts of oil you put in after the old motor oil has drained? Thanks.

Thanks

Anyone also know how many quarts of oil you put in after the old motor oil has drained? Thanks.

6.5 with filter change :D :D :D

• 1 year later...

Is it 65mm or 64mm? From what I gather online the TOY640 wrench referred to is 64mm. I bought some POS 65mm wrench at Pepboys which allowed sufficient torque to open it but I can't really tighten it very well as is slips. I think the outer flutes are actually 67mm.

With limited open stores today (Easter Sunday) I found something that looked similar (dual level) to what I had but out of plastic and decided I could cut the 67mm level away. The result seems to be a snug fit with the 65mm part but being plastic the 3/8" drive part is too weak. Oh well. I don't see any seepage and it probably doesn't need to be torqued to exactly x Nm but I do want it good n tight and I don't think I am yet. So it's either NAPA if they have it or ordering one online.

But which is it, 65mm or 64mm?