Nav Issue

Friday... In Boston... My nav seemed to be !Removed! up... had me on a different street etc..

Well yesterday I was on my way up to Portland, ME for a party.... right past NH it had me off the coast about 40 miles....

When i was at my destination... I tried to "Calibrate" it... but in 5 miles it had me off another 50 miles......

Is this something I should take to the dealer? Something else I could try?

If it is OK now that you are back home, it could be that the navigation system could only see two satellites instead of three. I think the system needs three to triangulate your position. Make sure you are on Region US8. If it is still out of whack, it looks like a trip to the dealer to me. Little things like this are so irritating. Good luck.

v/r Greg

Thing is, if he was on 2 satellites, he'd be in dead-reckoning mode and the gps position would be disregarded. And in this mode, his position can fall off over distance driven, but shouldn't drop him 50 miles away. I could see being a few blocks off, but not much more then that.

but anyways, have the dealer take a look. Could be faulty receiver or antenna causing your coordinates to be very far off.

Thing is, if he was on 2 satellites, he'd be in dead-reckoning mode and the gps position would be disregarded. And in this mode, his position can fall off over distance driven, but shouldn't drop him 50 miles away. I could see being a few blocks off, but not much more then that.

but anyways, have the dealer take a look. Could be faulty receiver or antenna causing your coordinates to be very far off.

Yes its still off.... my 15k service is due.... so I'll just have everything done at once...

Friday... In Boston... My nav seemed to be !Removed! up... had me on a different street etc..

Well yesterday I was on my way up to Portland, ME for a party.... right past NH it had me off the coast about 40 miles....

When i was at my destination... I tried to "Calibrate" it... but in 5 miles it had me off another 50 miles......

Cherokee:

Have a 2006 IS350 that experienced the same issue....took it to the dealer and had a new Navigation CD installed, not the entire navigation system. Works great now! It was fixed just two weeks ago tomorrow.

Good Luck!

• 3 weeks later...

Cherokee:

Have a 2006 IS350 that experienced the same issue....took it to the dealer and had a new Navigation CD installed, not the entire navigation system. Works great now! It was fixed just two weeks ago tomorrow.

Good Luck!

Well I might have them try it... they still have not gotten a new GPS Computer in.. they said they are on backorder!???? :chairshot:

• 2 weeks later...

Cherokee:

Good Luck!

Now, I have the same problem that Cherokee_Outlaw had in the Nav system, so I went dealer today and they said that I have to wait new CD for two or three weeks.

• 2 weeks later...