Lost All Sound

DRAGUNOV

well i just bought this car a few days ago and it has been great untill tonight(i always have bad luck with used cars) anyways my streio works but theres no volume no sound to any of the spekers it just happened. i turbne on the car and it didnt work? any ideas would be helpful

thanks

tyler

well i just bought this car a few days ago and it has been great untill tonight(i always have bad luck with used cars) anyways my streio works but theres no volume no sound to any of the spekers it just happened. i turbne on the car and it didnt work? any ideas would be helpful

thanks

tyler

Dont know what it could be, Sorry. Maybe try to take off your negative battery terminal and reset your ecu. Good Luck.

thanks

tyler

Dont know what it could be, Sorry. Maybe try to take off your negative battery terminal and reset your ecu. Good Luck.

ok i will give that a try thanks

well first i checked all the fuses in the drivers kick panal, then i checked all the ones in the in the engine bay. i played with the mute buttons on the side of the steering wheel with to avail.

any other pointers would be great. if i cannot diagnose it soon i think i will go with an aftermarket stero. but i would realy like to keep the stock unit so i dont get my car broken into. and the stock unit sounds great when it is working properly

well i checked the two connectors under the rear seat. blew them out with compressed air, then covered the terminals with dialectric grease. there didnt seem to me any water or corrosion there. it didnt fix my problem . still no volume. i am going to look for the amp and see what condition it is in. if tyhe amp goes will all the sound go out? where is the amp.

i am searching

well here's a quick update i removed the cd changer and the amp. there was quite a bit of water there and the amp was moist. i soaked up all the water then vacuumed it out. and i have a little heater in there drying anything else i couldn't reach.

i am going to disassemble the amp, inspect it and dry it out.

has anyone had any luck bringing an amp back to life?

has anyone had good luck waterproofing the amp?

drilling drain holes?

feel free to chime in

tyler

ok i have disassembled the amp and there is a fair amount of moisture. i blew it out with compresses air and have it sitting in front of a heater fan.

i inspected the amp and all of its componits with a magnifying glass and nothing appears to look as if it fried electrically.

well i reassembled everything and viola it all works great

feel free to archive as a wright up

Your very lucky that the amp still works, Great news. You need to make sure that the drain tube in the rear passenger quarter panel is in the drain hole, Make sure the trunk lid rubber seal is in good order ( sometimes the seal looks good but it is not ) and make sure the antena mount doesn't leak ( remove the antena and check the gasket, put a ring of silicon on and replace ) . The early sc's are known to collect water and drown the amp.

i realy hope it continues to work as well. as i do not want to go aftermarket. aftermarkes just gets your window broken and your deck stolen

DRAGONUV, If you ever need an amp, I'll have one for you. :D