3m Protective Paint Film

I have heard of a clear plastic film that is quite thick and is supposed to be of very high quality to cover the fromt of a car and protect it from road pebbles that damadge paint. Has anyone had this or heard anything about this product.

I have it on my Frontier now and have a roll to put on the GS but haven't gotten to it yet. Funny huh? But I wanted to get on under the belt before I do the GS. I do like the stuff though. Now there are pre-cut kits on eBay and the price has come way down in the last year.

• 1 month later...

I have the 3M protection on my car. It covers all parts of the car (more than the other places are doing): Hood, fender, front bumper, door cups, side mirrors, gas tank, rear bumper, all door edges. I don't regret it and have the peace of mind when driving on the road since my other lexus has rock chips everywhere on the hood.

• 4 weeks later...

I had VentureShield put on my S550 and it's thick, the line is barely noticeable but if it wasn't thick you really wouldn't have protection from bigger stones coming off the road. I think the installer said it is 8.5 mils thick which is thicker than 3M and it comes with a lifetime warranty 3M doesn't.