Coach Leather A Rumor?

Rx330driver

Well as you may have read from my LS460 post, i saw the car at the auto show in my city. well there was a spokes person on the platform telling everyone about the car and he mentioned that it was yamaha wood (already knew that) and also the finest leather from Coach (as in luxury handbags). I read somewhere on this site that there was confusion about it, but it is true apparently. Im guessing only on the LS though, and not in my lower end RX :whistles:

steviej

Not really familiar with the Coach edition of the RX and ES, but I think RX330driver meant was that the actual leather in the LS was made of Coach leather like the handbags but he was wondering if his RX or any other Lexus vehicle has this kind of leather or a different, possibly cheaper leather.

I think the person speaking at the convention was a little in error, the leather in the LS460 as far as everything I've heard is NOT from Coach. If this were the case it would have been pointed out in information about the car before now.

steviej

Not really familiar with the Coach edition of the RX and ES, but I think RX330driver meant was that the actual leather in the LS was made of Coach leather like the handbags but he was wondering if his RX or any other Lexus vehicle has this kind of leather or a different, possibly cheaper leather.

I am quite familiar with Coach leather as I have about 17 different items from wallet to keychain to belts made by them.

Pertaining to Lexus, the leather used in the RX and ES versions was made by Coach Leather. Hence the "Coach Edition" tag. In 2001 Lexus actually had a promotion that if you bought the RX Coach Edition you would get an addition three piece set of Coach luggage.

steviej

Yes and No. Same quality leather sometimes used by Coach. Just they don't need to pay Coach for their name or badging. The semi-analine leather used in some of the 460L's and previous 430 Ultra Lux's is of even better quality.

nappa leather=

A soft, full grain leather made from an unsplit sheepskin, lambskin, or kidskin, usually tanned with alum and chromium salts and dyed throughout.