Ls460l Last In C&d January Comparo

I disagree. The S class is actually a very heavy and very smooth riding sedan. It drives a lot like the LS. What you have to think about is what a buyer is going to cross-shop when they're looking at an LS. Its not a Rolls or Bentley, you could buy a couple LS460s for what they cost. Its going to be the S class and the 7 series, alongside the Jag XJ, Cadillac Deville, Audi A8. The LS is definately designed to compete with the S class and the 7, and the LS460 is the sportiest LS yet. The review is just a couple people's opinion, since the LS has beat the 7 and the S and everything else several times before when it was LESS sporty, it just depends on the editors mood.

Another car that is always poorly placed in comparisons is the RL. No car comes close to it in electronics (I mean NO car)

This is not true. Name a feature the RL has that can't be found in any other car? The RL is nothing special.

Acura has done a worse job than even Lexus in its advertising.

I think Lexus has always done a teriffic job advertising. They grew to be the #1 luxury brand in the US and built prestige along the lines of Benz and BMW (saying both of which have more history is beyond an understatement) in almost no time flat after its inception in 1990. To say they do a poor job advertising and marketing is vastly incorrect.

The MB and the BMW are truly the only 2 that can be compared directly. The Lexus is in its own class.

I love the LS, I think its one of the best vehicles on the road and one of the best vehicles to own over time, but this is just not true. The S class, 7 series, XJ, and A8 are all great vehicles. Each of them is unique, and each of them appeals to a different buyer. They do all offer very real competition to the LS, in fact just now with the long wheelbase can the LS really be considered in the same league as these vehicles.

I have spent the past week driving a two week old S550 Mercedes that my friend bought just before visiting from Florida. Remeber I am comparing my 02 430 which I know is not quite fair. I have not seen a LS460 up close. Obviously the Benz is larger and the interior shows it. The first thing I noticed is the ride is smoother due to the longer wheel base and it feels the same as the LS as far as steering. His manual recommended 29psi all around for the smoothest ride. You do sacrifice some tire life but he wants smooth. I plan on lowering my psi to see the difference. We did not drive it in sport mode so I can't comment on that. The cabin is gorgeous and feels grown up. The ambient lighting at nite will knock your socks off. Recessed lighting all around the cabin under the wood trim front to rear. Brighter screen of course, Blue Tooth and a pcmica card slot to load your mp3 music. 190GB hard drive for the nav and other features. I like the seats better as they were tighter, not harder, than my LS. 0-60 5.4 secs and I believe it. Sticker price was $89k. At first he wanted the 460 but could not get one for 4 months and the package he wanted came in around the $82k range so he opted for the Benz and traded a 98 ls400 and a 06 330. As far as wind noise the LS is quieter and there is wind noise from the mirrors. The Benz has less road noise possibly due to tire pressure. You can also hear cars pass going the opposite direction that I don't hear in my LS. I am hard of hearing lol. It has a lot of presence and people really do rubberneck it. One point of interest is you are allowed to change "any" programmable feature on the car including Favorites buttons and change the azimuth of the viewing screen from driver to passenger. You are also allowed to change destination on the fly. The trunk is the same as my LS but the back seat is cavernous. A great experience and I will keeps tabs on the reliability. Also i will mention the scratch proof paint and mirrored finish which I believe was extra.

Also i will mention the scratch proof paint and mirrored finish which I believe was extra.

Obviously that thing you call a house cat was in-doors for the entire two week period... Because if he's anything like my 18 pounder black cat "Ace", the nicer the car = the more fun it is to run from hood to trunk on. :lol:

And that cat of yours looks like it would enjoy signing it's tag on the hood of a new Benz...just because it could. :lol:

You are finally right. For the money there is no better car.

Then why don't you drive one?

And why don't you go join a Buick forum?

RF- You should lower the tire pressure on your LS, it makes a hige difference.

Ouch....that was a bit direct.

trying to get up there tomorrow, got fogged out last week and they closed regan. 2nd time's a charm...