New V6 Nav Dvd

taba82

I heard there are hack DVD v6 going around.

I just installed v6 about a week ago and the hack is the same as the previous versions.

I'm sorry to report that version 6.1 by Denso does not work with the old "Volume" hack. Lexus "Toyota" has now prevented end users from using a key combination to bypass the lockout when driving.

Have they changed the hack or completely eliminated it?

I heard there are hack DVD v6 going around.

I just installed v6 about a week ago and the hack is the same as the previous versions.

I'm sorry to report that version 6.1 by Denso does not work with the old "Volume" hack. Lexus "Toyota" has now prevented end users from using a key combination to bypass the lockout when driving.

• 4 weeks later...

I am thinking about upgrading my '03 RX300 Nav system from 2.1 to 6.1.

Can anyone here confirm that the RX300 version of the hidden button dance (Menu | System Option | hidden button sequence) is still available on 6.1 to override the navigate while driving lockout? I'd sure like to get upated maps and POIs but not at the expense of losing the ability for passenger control of nav while driving.

Thanks...

• 2 months later...

Gruss,

When I updated my RX330 DVD, the hidden button no longer works. What sequence do you enter for the hidden maint screens?

Mike

Answering my own question: The upgrade from 2.1 to 6.1 went flawlessly; it didn't appear that any firmware update occurred at all. The hidden button dance still works.

Answering my own question: The upgrade from 2.1 to 6.1 went flawlessly; it didn't appear that any firmware update occurred at all. The hidden button dance still works.

Hi Gruss,

I have a 2.1 version in my '03as well, but it does not yet have my area on the database. Is the 6.1 version more updated than the 2.1 version?. Thanks for all your help. Andy

Hi Gruss,

I have a 2.1 version in my '03as well, but it does not yet have my area on the database. Is the 6.1 version more updated than the 2.1 version?. Thanks for all your help. Andy

Oopps, Never mind. I've found the answer. Andy