Disney/pixar Movie Cars

Lexusfreak

I wasen't able to get to the theatre to check out the movie when it first came out, but the wife & I rented it over the weekend....I have to say it is by far the best movie I have ever seen from Disney/Pixar! & there are alot of good ones! Had to wipe tears from my eyes several times & Larry The Cable guy (Mater) was just priceless! My Nephew's & Niece are going to be pleased this Christmas & also got a copy for when our little one arrives! B)

Thought one of the characters (D.J. one of 'The Delinquent Road Hazards') was a Subaru Forester, but in fact it's a Scion xB......looks closer to a Forester IMO however.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Delinquent_Road_Hazards#DJ

:cheers:

lol i no what you mean, i saw it on the plane yesterday, they have some insane designers to design such awsome animations, the opening scene with lightning is amazing, i love the part when the low riders drift the truck off the road. funny, but i felt emotions through the movie, i know i know, im a loser. good movie...the voice sounds incredibly familiar (of lightning) isnt it the guy from you me and dupree and behind enemy lines, i think he's owen wilson. the car sounds so beastly when he revs it. all in all 5/5.

Yup, one of the best movies I've seen in over a year.......& a kid's movie to boot. All car buffs of all ages will enjoy it! Would have been nice to see a Lexus (or Subaru for that matter) as a character. B)

i bought it for my older son to watch and must say it is a very good film.

The water effects when they spray the car with water was amazing.

all round a good story and some damn good effects.

• 1 month later...

I just saw Cars. What a great movie!!! The animations were A++, especially when Sally and McQueen went for a cruise....wow! I found the themes and morals to be very adult like...not so much of a children's movie to me (maybe I was over analyzing things!).

Larry the Cable Guy was just excellent too!

• 2 months later...

Oh yes, what a great movie! :)

Even the engine sounds seem well chosen, not just some generic noise, like you often hear - even in big dollar productions. The scenes with the italian wheel dealers are among the funniest stuff I've seen, ever. "Luigi follows only the Ferrari!" :D

And regarding "Larry the cable guy", I found this in Wikipedia. Look here. Really impressive voice-acting, and as far as I know, completely unheard of here in Sweden.

/Alexander - who also likes Toy Story I and II alot... :)