Paintless Dent Removal

Hey there my American mates! Does anybody out there know whether paintless dent removal actually works? I have a few carpark dings that I want to get rid of.

Cheers

Stephen Lacey

Sydney. Australia

Absolutely it works, provided its done by a professional as lexus411 said.

Lexus411.

One good way to find a skilled dent remover is to call some high-end car dealerships and ask who they use. All dealer use these guys to get rid of dents instead of painting.

Tom

Lexus411.

One good way to find a skilled dent remover is to call some high-end car dealerships and ask who they use. All dealer use these guys to get rid of dents instead of painting.

Tom

agreed, I have had to utilize this type of service twice. I went with the guys that my body shop outsources to. Each time the results were flawless and not that expensive.

steviej

^^ like steviej said, I got mine done when I had my '01 ES. I used a known local source from http://www.dentwizard.com, and he came out and did the PDR work at my driveway (no need to take the car to a body shop, as it could be done at home, office, etc.) I believe I paid $125 per body panel, no matter how many dings or dents there are on that body panel, so if you have more than one on your body panel, it's worth it :)

But be careful of Dent Wizard. It's a franchise with a couple of weeks of basic training. The rookies are less experienced.

You want to talk to the franchise owner about his experience and the experience of his techs with something like Dent Wizard absolutely.

I looked back at my receipts, the PDRs done were all by DentWizard.

They were subcontracted through my bodyshop, so not work was seen be me until the body shop was satisfied. If they had rejected any work, or may then "do better" I didn't know about it. I can say the final result each time was flawless.

steviej

Lexus411.

Tom

That's right , Tom. I used to work at a Mercedes/Maybach/Lambo dealership, made friends with the dent removal guy who did a great job removing my many ES300 purchase dents last year. Bring cash, offer to drop it off when they are not so busy and you will pay much less. Getting someone who is servicing a high end lot is a must, pay a visit if you can when they are on site. I paid $140 for all dents removed on 4 panels, best money I ever spent on the car. Second was the detailer who went over everything, retouched nicks n scratches o'plenty for $85 cash. For two and a quarter total, car looks very presentable!

Be flexible, offer cash.

:cheers: