Bike Rack For Es300

hey Aus, do you have walmart there?????or anything like it. go into the bike section there and look. id tell you to go to a bike store (the one i worked at carried them) but i don't know if they would carry them either...

when in doubt, take off the front wheel (and if u know how the back), put an eggcrate mattress on your roof (used for beds)mayb more, and rope the bikes down.....just make sure it's on it's left side (none crankset side- is that it? the gear shifters on the rear tire shouldl be in the air....) then if you have more bikes, put an eggcrate between them :)

i figure that could work?

If your car has a moonroof than I'd be extremely careful of putting a bike on the top! Excessive pressure can damage the mechanics of the roof mechanism. I would try to buy a roof rack and than tie down the bicycle(s) on top of that.

Thanks guys.. Well I'm not that poor to have to use egg crates for anything.. And well, yes I have looked at buying an lx470 as a replacement to my Trooper.. I will have to just seewhat I can find..

Thanks anyway for all your help!

:ph34r: Chris :ph34r:

Chris, what about a rack setup on top.

I've got a Yakima setup for my bike and 17' sea kayak. Very nice and easy to pop on and off.

I had a adjustable mount for the back of the car (my SSEi) that was very nice, but I gave it to a friend. I got it at a place called racksmith. they do internet sales too.

here is the link:

http://www.racksmith.com

I put a Drawtight hitch on my car and now I can add a hitch rack w/out the bikes touching my car.

It's really the best solution. The hitch just bolts on in like 5 minutes.

Oh, and it only costs like $89 plus shipping, which for Lexus, seems cheap.

Doesn't look bad either and ads rear bumper protection. :D

http://www.drawtite-hitches.com

I'll post a picture of it if you like.

-Jimi