Is350 Or Bmw 335i Coupe

PacND

I ordered an '07 IS350 (loaded) back in May, and it is finally set to arrive next week. In the meantime, I've also been looking at the BMW 335i Coupe (6-speed, loaded). As it turns out, I've put (refundable) deposits on both cars, but I need to decide soon. Although the BMW won't arrive until November, I either need to take deliver on the IS next week or not.

Keeping in mind that this is a Lexus forum, what do you think about the decision between the IS and 335i Coupe?

lol...personally, i dont like any bmw cars except for maybe the 5 series...thats it.

they dont look good, and the ride is a bit too stiff for me. I think the lexus will do you well, especially if you need a car soon. november is a long ways down the road. Also take into account one is a coupe, (duh) you prolly already know, and how the IS would probably be a bit more roomy.

combine practicality plus reliability, plus more power, and i think you know in your heart what the answer to your own question is...

buy a C class, lol jkjk :P

I ordered an '07 IS350 (loaded) back in May, and it is finally set to arrive next week. In the meantime, I've also been looking at the BMW 335i Coupe (6-speed, loaded). As it turns out, I've put (refundable) deposits on both cars, but I need to decide soon. Although the BMW won't arrive until November, I either need to take deliver on the IS next week or not.

Keeping in mind that this is a Lexus forum, what do you think about the decision between the IS and 335i Coupe?

Me...personally...I would by the IS. My wife just decided between the IS...325i...and yes the C230 After a few test drives she picked the C230. Here is the link when I asked the same question http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...934&hl=C230

Good luck...

buy a C class, lol jkjk :P

I am going to tell my wife you are making fun of her car! LOL :lol: :D :cheers:

Thanks... it's definitely a hard choice. I have driven both, and they are both pretty awesome cars. I've never owned either brand, so I really don't have a preference for one over the other. Here are the pros and cons as I see it for the two cars:

IS Pros:

Great value; excellent reliability; naturally aspirated engine; impeccable quality

IS Cons:

No manual tranny; perhaps not as "sporty" as a sport sedan could be; 1 cupholder; cramped backseat (although a 2-door, BMW's backseat is considerably more roomy than the lexus)

BMW Pros:

Exterior styling (this car is incredible in person); excellent handling; 6-speed; all-included warranty; slightly faster than IS.

BMW Cons:

iDrive; a bit more expensive than Lexus; BMW "stigma"

The time table isn't a tremendous issue for me. The way I see it, I've already been waiting for 4 months... what's another 2? Thanks for the advice, and please keep the responses coming!

I personally have owned both the BMW 323is and a 330I. I just sold my latest BMW (2001 330I Sport pkg.) and bought into the Lexus family. Unless you are all about " BMW status", the Lexus gives you so much more bang for the buck, and is probably as fast if not faster than the Beemer with the auto tranny. Do a comparison search on the net and you can see for yourself all of the options that the Lexus offers that the BMW doesn't offer. Basically, if you set the two side by side, the body lines are similar. The Lexus from the back is SWEET looking with the dual exhaust that the BMW does not have. The ride of the Lexus is smoother. The Beemer will leave you cramped after about 300 miles, even though the interior room is bigger, the seats leave something to be desired if you drive any distances, not to mention, both BMW's that I had, needed the ball joints replaced after 40K miles, and depending on where you are in your warranty, the repairs will run in excess of $1000. If you can find info on the web, you will see that they are notorious for the ball joints going out at about 35 to 40K miles.

I, too, have owned a couple of Beemers. I got rid of mine because of what it was costing me. The company only decided the year I got rid of mine to include the cost of service on their "new" cars. Every time I took it in, it was $1,500 for a service. Something had to be done each time. Granted, the car was getting up in mileage. But I got sick of every 2 or 3 months (I drive a lot) having to pay that. Plus, no loaner car. I had a 2002 330ci with sports package and a 2003 325i with premium package, both manual trans. I liked the premium package better, as it was more comfortable. I enjoyed the coupe the most (despite the sports package), but the mileage sucked, and I got *BLEEP*ed when I got a door ding in the back wheel well that couldn't be fixed without having to repaint the whole back panel. I've enjoyed my Lexus. It's not quite as fast, but I was looking for a bit more luxury. I've found how to drive it best (like putting your foot into it if you really need it to go somewhere, and it does go!) It's agile and great-looking.

Also, my husband had an M3 for a few months. I was so mad when he got rid of the car. He hated the SMG system, but is not very savvy with technology like that. I don't like the new model of the Beemers and probably would not buy a Beemer mostly because of that. I love the looks of the IS. In fact, I saw a silver 350 today with the sports package (spoiler), and OMG!!!! :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

wHY ARE YOU NOT COMPARING THE is350 TO THE 335I 4DR...

-a few false things some stated that the BMW does not have dual exhoust in the back and YES the 335i does have them.....

-The 4dr 335i is actually about 2k less expensive then the 2dr 335i while at the same time getting a 0-60 in 4.8 sec.

Check ou the pics.....

-If you are into performance -GO BMW you will have a grin that will never end.

-If you are into more smother ride and less performance - Go with Lexus.

PS: If you do "ED" Europen delivery - the ED Invoice for a 335i is Aprox. $33,800...cant beat that....

anyway Good Luck.

335i 4dr picture

Also consider the fact that BMW is dealing with the First Year Curse of blown motors from the new turbo platform they are using.

Just be forewarned is all.....

But the BMW is stunning in person, I have to admit. :)

Have there been any confirmed cases of blown turbos in the new 335i? I haven't heard anything about it.

As for the comparo between the 335i coupe/sedan, I personally think that the coupe is far better looking than the sedan. Plus, I can't remeber the last time I had passengers in my backseat, so I really don't care about having four doors.