Ls 460 Self Park

RFeldes

It's cool from a technology stand point, but it looks like it's more trouble than it's worth. I read in Car and Driver that it takes about 20 seconds to manually tweak the parking barriers (it looks like they didn't tweak the settings too well in that news clip since the car was a little far away from the curb which is really bad when you parallel park.). Someone is liable to steal your space while you set this up! LOL

They should have invested that money in something more useful like a cruise control that bring the car to a complete stop and then resume the car back up to speed like the Distronic Plus does in the MB S550. Or will the 460 have that feature? All you hear about is the parallel parking, 8 speeds, and the rear ottoman, so I'm guessing no.

It's cool from a technology stand point, but it looks like it's more trouble than it's worth. I read in Car and Driver that it takes about 20 seconds to manually tweak the parking barriers (it looks like they didn't tweak the settings too well in that news clip since the car was a little far away from the curb which is really bad when you parallel park.). Someone is liable to steal your space while you set this up! LOL

They should have invested that money in something more useful like a cruise control that bring the car to a complete stop and then resume the car back up to speed like the Distronic Plus does in the MB S550. Or will the 460 have that feature? All you hear about is the parallel parking, 8 speeds, and the rear ottoman, so I'm guessing no.

Hey i'm happy with just a regular cruise control, but that 8 speed is really getting to me. <_< :D