Problem With Lexus Of Austin!

dogdoc

(I posted this same post in detailing to get some tips on the repair)

Hey guys. Have a little bit of a rant about my dealer. First of all, they scratched my car on its very first car wash. It only had 200 miles on it at the time. They had the scratches buffed out and it all appeared okay. Fast forward to last week (I've had the car less than a month), I took the car in to have the tint redone since it was bubbling. I paid for the tint job through Lexus. When I got my car back a day and a half later, there was a chip in my paint down to the metal. It measures 2 cm X 2cm. There are also alot of swirls in my paint like they dried my car (which is black) with a towel. There is also the possiblity of course that whoever they had buff my car, buffed in the swirls and it is now showing up after a couple of washes. I called them immediately of course and had an appt to meet with the service manager the next day. When the next day rolled around and I took my lunch hour to meet with him, he was gone to lunch with the GM. I couldn't believe it! Then I was told by the assistant service manager that he had gone home sick. So which is it? I met with the GM today and was less than thrilled with the results. First of all, when I called to confirm the appt. for today, they didn't even have it scheduled. They have agreed to fix it by having it "touched up" which doesn't make me happy but I'm not sure what will besides a new car that they haven't had a chance to screw up. I asked about a written guarantee against the "touch up" fading or chipping while I have the car. He said to go ahead and let them fix it then see what I think. (Yeh right) I asked him what he thought would be fair compensation for their mistake. He offered the 15,000 mile service free. This made me want to laugh since it's only worth $200 and I never want to step foot in that place again. I mean, I brought him a new car and they want to deliver a car back to me that has been touched up. Worse of all, when I met with the GM and the service manager, I felt like they were totally minimizing the situation. He went so far as to say that if he had the same thing happen to him, he wouldn't be upset! Corporate is supposed to be contacting me tomorrow and let me know their take on the situation. I'm glad I haven't sent in my survey. They are going to get ripped apart.

I'm glad I haven't sent in my survey.

Survey is the buzz word, use it friend!

A few years ago I encountered a problem with my dealership on day of pick up of new Lexus RX. It was a pricing discrepancy on the dealer's end. I got so ticked I told them I would get corporate on the horn immediately. They agreed if I would give them the survey to fill out they would hand me back a $1200 check ... and they did!

Make them give you a new car, Afterall, They should under no circumstances damage your car, especially a new car. What a typical Lexus experience, the Japanese can do a wonderful job producing the car, and then give it to a bunch of destruction derby people at the dealership. What a terrible break in the chain of perfection. I'm sorry to hear about your experience, I too have dealt with similar and worse at Lexus of Roseville California. Good luck.

I am sorry to hear that you have experienced such a bad service from Lexus dealership...

I fully agree with lenore. When I came to the U.S. from Japan(I am Japanese) last year, I had a terrible terrible experience with Toyota

dealership here. Sales guys do not know the meaning of word

"service" or "customer". They just believe they are No.1 in the U.S..

They simply follow their " sales manual" and do not care others.

They do not care how they should treat customers as long as they

could force them to buy cars. My family including 7 and 3 year old

kids were not allowed to go out for lunch as they said we might go

to Honda dealership. Kids were hungry but they kept us more than

4 hours in their dealership!!!! Customer Service Manager only took

note of that terrible thing happened at Toyota but there's obviously

no action taken after my complaint.

I used to drive Toyota for years in Japan as I really loved it there,

but I felt so disappointed after I visited Toyota dealeaship here in the U.S..

I am driving Lexus. Lexus is anyway Toyota, however the service

of Lexus where I purchased my car is much better than Toyota here.

I am so far happy with Lexus dealership here.

• 3 weeks later...

Just curious if you bought the car from them. I wonder if that makes them treat you differently. I bought my RX in Dallas because LOA wanted way too much, but then the Service Managers here were so nonchalant and acted as if they were doing me a favor when I'd bring the car in.

The parts guys have always been pretty cool with me, though.

Laley, I bought a brand new Toyota vehicle there at that time unfortunately....then I sold it after 4 months since I did not like it. I deeply regret that. Finance manager was also unfriendly and put

18.7% APR since there's no credit history been established right after

my arrival from Japan. Sales person has never wanted to discuss about

finance details which I found very tricky. Anyway this was my fault and I

spent shuch a lot of money to learn how some dealership is badly

treating customers here in the U.S.. Japanese car makers produce

very reliable cars but sometimes some dealership damages their

reputation which is very sad. I never ever come back to this particular

Toyota dealership in the future!!

In addition...

I have GX470 now and Lexus dealership where I purchased one

treat me as a customer while Toyota did not.

How sad, why is it that so many dealerships (all brands) have lost the meaning of who the customer is. Seems once the dotted line is signed, you are in a sea of sharks. If my car had been damaged like that I would have demanded another car, let them make a loaner out of the damaged car. there is no excuse to have a brand new car repaired because of dealer destruction. Funny, here the Toyota dealership treats my LEXUS better than the dealerships locally. It just goes with who the GM is an how he pushes the bottom line.

Lenore, I think that service might be depending on dealership's

policy, education or sales person itself, but I strongly believe that

there are some people in Toyota dealers who DO NOT know how

to treat customers.

I herad from one of my friends that Toyota dealerships in Atlanta

area seem to be ranked rather low in terms of customer service

in comparison to the other state or city. My friend also had a

terrible experience with one of Toyota dealerships here in Atlanta

area recently.(this is a different one from where I was badly treated)

Maybe..I should stop complaining Toyota dealers anymore as

some people(Toyota fan) might get unhappy which is not my intention

at all.