Brake And Paint Issue

Hi All,

I'm new to this forum.

My girlfriend got a new IS250 a couple of months back and we have already been at the dealership three times now to complain.

The brakes are making a clearly grinding sound when the brakes are being released after stopping in traffic. This grinding sound is not only when we start driving the car after being turned off but all the time in traffic.

Have any of you the same problem?

We have been at the dealership and they are telling us that they are aware of the problem but they need enough complaints to get a recall before they can fix it...

So far we haven't heard of any with the same problem...?

Second it seems like the paint on the IS models is thin and easy get scratches. Is there anything like wax etc. which can make the paint more resistant?

I hope to hear from you.

Thanks.

If you ease off the brakes really slowly they will groan a bit. This is true with most cars. After a stop, let off the brakes crisply and there should be no noise. I have not heard of anyone having this problem in normal use. Some have reported some squeeling, but not the grinding that you mention. I'd suggest really badgering the dealer about this as it is not normal and should not require a recall to fix.

As for paint protection, I used one coat of Nano particle wax and then two coats of NXT protectant. I put a an extra coat on the hood and front bumper and fenders. So far my paint is holding up well after almost a year of driving. I do this wax/protectant about every four months, depending on how the weather has been.

The brakes are making a clearly grinding sound when the brakes are being released after stopping in traffic. This grinding sound is not only when we start driving the car after being turned off but all the time in traffic.

Second it seems like the paint on the IS models is thin and easy get scratches. Is there anything like wax etc. which can make the paint more resistant?

I hope to hear from you.

Thanks.

If it's more like a groan on release it's probably the pads and the dealer should just install new pads to see if that fixes the problem, it's not very expensive for them.

Lexus uses environmentally friendly paint so it may appear softer than older paints. Install a clear bra to reduce stone chips. I covered my entire bumper, all lights, wing mirrors and 1st twelve inches of hood.

It may not be the pads...

There is a slight possibility that one or more calipers are sticking.

My brakes are starting to have that little sound like they need replacing, but that's about the only problem I've ever had with the brakes. Okay. Okay. I also have 23,000 miles on the car.........

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All,

I'm new to this forum.

My girlfriend got a new IS250 a couple of months back and we have already been at the dealership three times now to complain.

We have been at the dealership and they are telling us that they are aware of the problem but they need enough complaints to get a recall before they can fix it...

So far we haven't heard of any with the same problem...?

I hope to hear from you.

Thanks.

I have had a little bit of the brake problem and got new wheels and tires from Les Schawb Tire Center and they noticed that the pads were not even. They replaced the pads under warranty and problem went away.

With regards to the paint, I had the Northwest Protection package put on and it still scratches very easy. I went to my buddy who owns a body shop and he thinks that the clear coat is a bit on the thin side. He polished out the scratches in just a couple minutes and re-applied the sealer. I too don't think the paint is all that great. I have the Smokey Granite Gray and scratches really show up.

Steve