Gas Type And Mileage

ticman

Hi All,

I have 1200 miles on the car. The first tank of gas was from the dealer and was regular gas. I got approx 21 mpg with combo highway/city driving.

On Saturday I had to go to Boston. Used regular. All highway driving. Got 24mpg.

On Sunday had to go to NYC. Used premium. All highway driving. Got 28mpg.

Highway driving for me is 65 to 75 mph.

Comments and/or thoughts on both type of gas to use and mpg that you are getting.

Thanks,

Mike

i still need to persuade my mom to get that filter. my gas mileage is horrible. i'm already down to my last 1/4 of a tank in my car, and i've only gone 240 miles. this is horrible. i don't get it. i don't drive hard very much at all. every now and then on the highway, i give it a bit extra gas, but it shouldn't be this bad. y`all got any ideas? i'm open for advice as to how to increase my gas mileage. thanks guys. :)

Just for info, the Sunoco 94 octane is a complete waste of money. For one, the car doesn't require anything more than 91 octane, so even 93 (although where you can get 93, they dont have 91 or 92, we only have 87,89, and 93 here) isn't neccisary. Plus, 1 octane isn't going to make any difference at all. 94 is 100% a marketing gimmick, thats why Sunoco is the only company that does it. Ask any mechanic.

As for me, I use Exxon 93 and get around 20-23 combined driving. I'm aggressive though.