Used A Great New Product Today!

As a lot of you know I've been using Poorboy's Natural Look on the interior. While I like it, I find that it has to be cut with water to get close to the matte look I like, and even then its still a hair glossy.

Well, from a referral on Autopia I tried Optimum Protectant Plus. Its PERFECT! Straight out of the bottle it leaves just the look I've been wanted, a deepening of the vinyl, but no added gloss.

As a lot of you know I've been using Poorboy's Natural Look on the interior. While I like it, I find that it has to be cut with water to get close to the matte look I like, and even then its still a hair glossy.

Well, from a referral on Autopia I tried Optimum Protectant Plus. Its PERFECT! Straight out of the bottle it leaves just the look I've been wanted, a deepening of the vinyl, but no added gloss.

Optimum Protectant Plus sounds like something I'd be interested in. I've been trying to find something that would make my vinyl look natural (LOL!), and provide UV protection. No really I haven't been able to find a vinyl protectant that isn't shiny/glossy. Think I'll give this a try. Where did you buy? Online or is it sold in stores. I'm a Newbie and haven't tried many products only meguires gold class and 303 aerospace. Kinda like the 303 though.

Do you have any opinions on wheel wax. Got some Mothers Wheel wax locally. Haven't used it yet though.

Gotta love their compounds and there no-rinse too!

• 3 weeks later...

Optimum Protectant Plus sounds like something I'd be interested in. I've been trying to find something that would make my vinyl look natural (LOL!), and provide UV protection. No really I haven't been able to find a vinyl protectant that isn't shiny/glossy. Think I'll give this a try. Where did you buy? Online or is it sold in stores. I'm a Newbie and haven't tried many products only meguires gold class and 303 aerospace. Kinda like the 303 though.

Do you have any opinions on wheel wax. Got some Mothers Wheel wax locally. Haven't used it yet though.

I used wheel wax only 1 time about 3 weeks ago... I can still remove the brake dust without any elbow grease!!!

I LOVE THE STUFF!!!

Does it get all the dust off? When I used wheel cleaner in the past.. I still had a light resdue on the corners...

Yes. It should since it is Hydroflouric acid based product. AKA do not get it on your hands. It does work mint. I sprayed it on my wheels (and the inside) and they look new.

• 3 months later...

I used wheel wax only 1 time about 3 weeks ago... I can still remove the brake dust without any elbow grease!!!

I LOVE THE STUFF!!!

I use PB Wheel cleaner. Just spray on wait and rinse.

If you use that on an expensive car your crazy, it will eat you paint if you make a mistake, and worse of all it is the most dangerous chemical used in detailing and in fact has killed many children. I would never recommend something like this! Not worth it IMO. Furthermore, Poorboys has such bad quality control they often put this junk in their other stuff by mistake, lol. That's what happens when you don't make your own products and just relabel cheap brands!

http://autopia.org/forum/car-detailing/734...eaner+dangerous

http://www.detailcity.org/forums/detailing...ght=spray+rinse

http://www.carwash.com/article.asp?IndexID=6631269

I LOVE THE STUFF!!!

I use PB Wheel cleaner. Just spray on wait and rinse.

If you use that on an expensive car your crazy, it will eat you paint if you make a mistake, and worse of all it is the most dangerous chemical used in detailing and in fact has killed many children. I would never recommend something like this! Not worth it IMO. Furthermore, Poorboys has such bad quality control they often put this junk in their other stuff by mistake, lol. That's what happens when you don't make your own products and just relabel cheap brands!

http://autopia.org/forum/car-detailing/734...eaner+dangerous

http://www.detailcity.org/forums/detailing...ght=spray+rinse

http://www.carwash.com/article.asp?IndexID=6631269

Here we go again. :wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko: Who cares about what you stated? Then again you love these old school topics to add whatever. Just like smoking too right and people keep signing up too. Many things can harm etc. Do not bring the scare tactics into it. ROFLMAO!!!!

This is as good as the slow shipping on LC makes the complete product line bad.

So now Pooboys quality is sooo bad, bad on (1) issue out of thousands posted online? The links you post are old and I have seen all when the came out.

Just like Laundry detergent is bad if you looked into it and plastic too. LOL

I also have used many Poorboys products and had extensive discussions with Steve the owner of the company and have found them to have a good product line. I again agree with mburn, I've used the PB wheel cleaner and found it very gentle.

For the most part though I don't think any wheel cleaners are neccisary if you wash the vehicle often enough.