Aftermarket Upgrade For Gs Nakamichi Changer

sorry, The gs changer cant be replaced even by other lexus changer more less an aftermarket changer. the pioneer made gs changers for both the pioneer system and nakamichi system are very high quality changers. Even a working used changer would outlast any new aftermarket changers which are usually made in malaysia or china not japan like the lexus changers. Even if you matched all the wires on the cd changer cable the headunit wouldnt recognize any other cd changer except the lexus brand changer.

• 2 years later...

hey guys, im having the same problem.

my 98 GS4 has a nakamichi system but the changer has crapped out aswell. lexus says that they won't even look at it, they simply replace the whole changer. so should i just fork out the stupid $500 and replace this poor quality product or should i get something better? also all of my CD controls are done through the touch screen, if i get another changer, will i even be able to access my play controls?

if i decide to go aftermarket (for example i get a pioneer head unit +changer) then what happens to all the leftover Nak crap? will my GPS and other touchscreen menus still work? i know i must sound confused... it's cause i am :(

jeff what did you end up doing?

hey guys, im having the same problem.

my 98 GS4 has a nakamichi system but the changer has crapped out aswell. lexus says that they won't even look at it, they simply replace the whole changer. so should i just fork out the stupid $500 and replace this poor quality product or should i get something better? also all of my CD controls are done through the touch screen, if i get another changer, will i even be able to access my play controls?

if i decide to go aftermarket (for example i get a pioneer head unit +changer) then what happens to all the leftover Nak crap? will my GPS and other touchscreen menus still work? i know i must sound confused... it's cause i am :(

jeff what did you end up doing?

Find a used one on ebay or check wrecker yards, There out there. Expect to pay $250 and up. Nothing else will work in it's place.