My Baby's Back And Better Than Ever!

amf1932

If you recall, about 2 weeks ago somebody backed up into the front of my ES350 while I was shopping at a mall, and I'm happy to say that after the hood, left & right headlight assemblies, and bumper were replaced and painted, you couldn't tell that this car had any kind of trauma. The paint match and lining up of all the parts were 100% perfect! This was done by my Lexus dealers body shop. I had nightmares before I picked the car up, thinking that the color match would be off a little.......but no....it was dead on. There was not one thing I could nit pick about this job. Even the little details like putting the little stickers under the new hood were done exactly like the original hood had. I'm happy once again. :)

Congrats Alan! I passed an Amber Pearl 350 today and thought about you.

Yeah, like Toys said nowadays with computerized paint tinting repairs are much more invisible than they used to be.

Remember, no wax on the new paint for 30 days so the solvents can offgas.

I have a 350 loaner and lvoe this car .

I can't belive it is an entry level lexus.

Funny enough as i inspected it i noticed the rear bumper was weird looking. I noted it to the guy and he don;t worry about it. Upon closer inspection in better light i noticed a 3 foot dent/scratch(RR door) as well as the rear bumper not being waxed but buffed so low that it was showing primer across a 2 foot area. It is as rough as sandpaper and polish spray all over the corner of the car. I called them, back today and told them and they said show the manager when i return it.

I tried to get the gold but it was gone. The weird thing is they said everyone hates that colour but me. Oh well i still love the car by far keyless go is such an amazing feature combined with cooled seats . Having the tilt wheel back on the ES really finishes it up.

• 1 month later...

Congrats Alan! I passed an Amber Pearl 350 today and thought about you.

Yeah, like Toys said nowadays with computerized paint tinting repairs are much more invisible than they used to be.

Remember, no wax on the new paint for 30 days so the solvents can offgas.

yep, we have a digital paint camera for that exact reason.

• 1 month later...

Besides the exact color match, I find that the paint that was layed down on the new parts was as good as the factory paint job! :)

Watch out for stone chips. The Lexus paint is not very durable.

It's been over 4 months since the new paint job, and a few thousand miles more on the odometer, and NOT 1 chip on the car!!! I'd say that's pretty durable. :P

Doesn't have anything to do with Lexus paint in general, its the new VOC requirements for automotive paint finishes and the newer paints being more brittle. They'll get it figured out.

Doesn't have anything to do with Lexus paint in general, its the new VOC requirements for automotive paint finishes and the newer paints being more brittle. They'll get it figured out.

bingo! anyone remember all the american cars rolling around in the late 80's - early 90's with paint falling off. mostly silver variants.