Lexus Screwed Up Big Time

Rx330driver

Im sorry to say this, but lexus updated their website and they did something they should not have.:chairshot:

(new) GS350 V6- 303hp $ 44,845

(old) GS430 V8- 290hp $ 53,070

Why would they make the V6 more powerful for less money? crazy! actually, the real question is when they are going to dump the 4.6 liter V8 into the GS460 (next year?) :whistles:

The reason why is precisely what you said, the GS430 gets replaced with the GS460 either late production this year or next year.

As for pricing, they don't sell very many GS430s at all anyways, 90% of GS sales are the GS300, or now the GS350.

As for choosing between a 302HP V6 and a 290hp V8, I'd still choose the V8. V8s are smoother, have a deeper growl, and make the car feel more effortless through shift points and exapnded torque.

i dont think lexus should have updated their GS for 2007 until the LS comes out this september...im guessing. It would have been much smarter to do it that way...because people who own 430s are getting screwed over.

well that's how it is. You should also wonder why Lexus decided to change the engine a little on the RX from RX330-RX350 when they should just wait for the redesign to do that... ;)

i know...i got screwed three times on that car. i get the weaker engine...which costs less than the 330, and i dont get bluetooth but i have nav. sigh

at least now the GS has more power than the ES. whoever said lexus wasnt joining the germans in the horsepower war is wrong. They now have more horsepower standard on comparative models with the bmw and merc.

Progress marches ever forward, you've got to buy sometime. If you always wait for the newest thing you'll never own any car.

The people who own the 430 aren't screwed by the 350, I'd rather own a 430 than a 350. There's more to a driving experience than HP, and the V8 is a much better driving experience than the V6.

I always count on the torque for power. Yes the HP is important, but that big torque is what will get you a good acceleration.

00 RX300 FWD (220 HP, 222 torque) 0-60 in 8.5 Sec

03 GX470 (235 HP, 320 Torque) 0-60 in 8.5 Sec

;)

thats long!...8.5 seconds! sure doesnt feel that long when your in the car lol...im not sure if its differnet for 04s...n e ways i am going to get really jealous of anyone who has the new LS, i hope no one buys it in my neoghborhood....haha..

back to the original topic:

that does look strange....and hard to believe lol

I always count on the torque for power. Yes the HP is important, but that big torque is what will get you a good acceleration.

;)

How about curb weight too? ;)

:cheers:

;)

How about curb weight too? ;)

:cheers:

Curb weight? :whistles: That's another story! ...... ;) :D