Newbie Ls400 Owner

trout14

Just bought a 1994 LS400 with 139000 miles on it. Paid $5500, is that a decent price or to much? Bringing it into a dealer in the morning to be checked out. Anything specific that I should have them look at or just leave it up to them? Don't have records past 60,000, except the last 10,000 or so. Hoping the dealer can tell me what service has been done. Have read a ton of the posts here and that really helped. Any input is appreciated.

Welcome! Congrats on your LS I love mine. Pretty much everyone here loves their car. Lexus must've done somthin right!

to answer your question, make sure the timing belt was changed. I know my car no records for the past 3 years but the dealer put a sticker saying it was changed at 177k in jan 04. My car now has 214k.

Sit down and enjoy it. People here are nice and friendly. So again, welcome!

Had it checked out today at lexus dealership and things look good. Very minor things needed, a few light bulbs, serpentine belt, and they said the left front wheel bearing needs replacing. I guess it is making noise, all I hear though is a brake squeel of some sort. Hood struts have lost their seal as the hood comes down slowly, but not to concerned about that. Otherwise things are good. A lot of info on this website. Other vehicle is a landcruiser, amazing how similar they feel and drive. Only serviced at lexus up till 60,000, was able to see those records.