Golf Balls In My Trunk

spalkin

I have a 95 ES and I'm finally getting to tackle the rattling noise in the back. I keep hearing that it's the rear swaybar bushings. I've also heard it could be rear strut plates. I think I've read all the threads on this. One says rear swaybar bushings 99%.

nothing under spare.

sounds like the package tray shelf in the back is bouncing but that's not it. More pronounced in cooler, drier climate

I had the same issue. Replaced mine for $14 and all gone. I would replace rear swaybar bushings since it is the cheapest item first.

nothing under spare.

sounds like the package tray shelf in the back is bouncing but that's not it. More pronounced in cooler, drier climate

I had the same issue. Replaced mine for $14 and all gone. I would replace rear swaybar bushings since it is the cheapest item first.

I had the exact same problem on my 94. Had the bushings and the rear stabilizer bar replaced...cost about $125 with parts and labor. Now quiet and delightful.

• 4 months later...

How do u do that. I have the same exact problem and my bushings are worn . How can you replace them , Do you have to remove the entire sway bar to slide off the bushing from the ends or can u just open the bracket and change it. Please PM me as I am quite desperate to fix this problem.

Would u kindly describe the procedure as per the picture I am attaching .

Thanks

post-35527-1167778463_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

How do u do that. I have the same exact problem and my bushings are worn . How can you replace them , Do you have to remove the entire sway bar to slide off the bushing from the ends or can u just open the bracket and change it. Please PM me as I am quite desperate to fix this problem.

Just in case you haven't done the job yet. I can't believe how cheap and easy it was. Take out the bolts holding the cap/ cover and slide the bushing off. They are split so they will just slip over the shaft/ bar. You will be amazed. I ended up doing it on 2 more cars with gerat results, this includes the front end also. It tightenes up the whole car, like new. Good luck.

Thanks

Just in case you haven't done the job yet. I can't believe how cheap and easy it was. Take out the bolts holding the cap/ cover and slide the bushing off. They are split so they will just slip over the shaft/ bar. You will be amazed. I ended up doing it on 2 more cars with gerat results, this includes the front end also. It tightenes up the whole car, like new. Good luck.

Thanks

Thank You very much for your help, yes I did it and it worked out really well. From the first look I did not saw the "split" between them but when I bought the bushings thats when I knew about the split. In the picture I thought the split was there because they were damaged. Thanks it worked out really well.

Thanks

Thank You very much for your help, yes I did it and it worked out really well. From the first look I did not saw the "split" between them but when I bought the bushings thats when I knew about the split. In the picture I thought the split was there because they were damaged. Thanks it worked out really well.

I have the same problem, so I might as well try it. Where did you pick up your bushings from? At $16, it doesnt sound like the dealer. Thanks in advance.

• 1 month later...

I too have just eliminated the golf ball clunk in the trunk noise by replacing my sway bar bushings.

$16 for two bushing, a 12mm socket and flexhead ratchet, some white lithium grease and 30 minutes of my time. The irritating noise is gone.

The 2002+ bushing don't look quite like the ones pictured in this thread, however the wear on my worn bushings was the same as in the picture.

steviej