Manual Is250 Owners, I Need Your Advice

I ordered an 07 IS250 in manual. I never got to test drive because there were not any in the entire state of Oklahoma. My question is do you guys enjoy them. Are they quick enough for you. I had a Mazda 3s that had 160hp...the IS is 204. The mazda did 0-60 in about 7 sec. the IS is in over 7.5. How is this. Is it that much heavier. I fear i will be dissapointed.

Help from anyone would be great.

:unsure:

Yeah i like the options. The nav is one of the things that sold me on the car. The fit and finish as well. I am not a power buff when it comes to cars, my bike is a different story. I just didnt get a chance to drive a manual. I was ok when i knew the hp was 40 more on the IS rather than on my Mazda 3s. But when i looked at the 0-60s for the cars i was a little concerned. I just wanted a 40 hp more car that performed like a 40 hp more car.

Yeah i can. I guess i will just have to see. I am starting to see that the 350s are popping up here and there fully loaded for 37000. i am paying 35 for mine. I may just hold out and get a 350 fully loaded. I dont know about the sport package. Have you driven it with the sport package. does it ride any rougher really.

actually in my opinion since you are getting a manual IS 250, driving the stick shift will be just as fun as driving the 350. sure the 350 has more power, and maybe the mazda is a tenth of a second faster off the line. but im sure that once you drive the manual IS 250 you will feel that its faster than your old mazda. my advice is whatever gets you more bang for your buck is what you should get. if you get a good deal on a 350 take it. but keep in mind if you take the 250 you will have a rare model and could get more money when you sell it, depending on how long you plan on keeping it.

Yeah that is what i thought when i drove the 350. It WAS quicker. but in my opinion, it wasnt any more FUN than driving the 250 since they are almost the exact same car, it was just faster. I think the manual would still be more fun than having a faster car, i just am starting to contemplate getting a used 350 because there are so many used ones popping up here and there for the same price i am getting my new 07 manual 250. I am just going to take my time. When i drive the 07 when it finally arrives, i will know. the 350 insurance will be about 40 more a month than the 250 so that is also something to take into consideration. 40 more a month for about the same car given the manual tranny.

yeah wait for your 07 to come in, then make your decision. i know when i ordered one of my bmw's the dealer told me that when it comes if i change my mind everything is fine. i dont know your dealer's policy but they might keep the deposit. just wondering what are you driving around these days while you are waiting for your IS?

I have a tank bag that can carry quite a bit, backpack. I have had 180 buck in groceries on my bike before. The first four years i was here in oklahoma i didnt own anything but a bike. I rode in the rain, snow, sleet, and hail literaly. I bought my first car in 2004 at 22 yrs old. I am a little wild like that. So when i decide to actually spend money on a car, i wanted something nice. Spoiled myself for all that hardcore riding the in the weather.

I have a tank bag that can carry quite a bit, backpack.

I sold my last four wheeled vehicle (a Tacoma) about two years ago. Since then, I've used motorcycles as my primary transportation... with the wife's Miata as a back-up (she has a Camry for day-to-day use). Recently, I sold the motorcycle when I moved from Texas to Illinois. I figured this was probably not the best climate to have a motorcycle as primary transportation.

Anyway... I'm also looking at ordering a manual IS 250. I definitely prefer changing my own gears, but it's hard to find manuals. Many car dealers don't keep any on the lot, and it's very frustrating. Last time I was visiting the local Toyota dealership, they didn't even have a manual Corolla! This seems to be a recent (and dramatic) change... and it's darn disturbing.

Yeah it is true. When i first got to oklahoma city, the first four years i was here i didnt own a car at all. I bought my first car in 2004 and it was a manual mazda 3s. I love being able to shift being that i am a sportbike rider. I like the control. I did a lot of research on the manual for this IS and i was a little dissapointed in the reviews for it. Most people i have talked to say it isnt as sporty of a manual as they expected. I couldnt get the HIDs on my 2007 manual i ordered and i would have had to wait another month and a half to get it. I decided to go with the automatic. I got HIDs on it and it is an 07. I also got 1800 off. With the tiptronic, there is enough of control than standard automatic so i am happy. Plus the 250 is not really fast so there is no need to push the car with a manual. A lot of car companies are going to the tiptronic gearboxes these days. before long, there will be no true manuals out there. all cars will go with a tiptronic manual gearbox eventually like the ferari and other high end cars. it is just the way of the future and technology. If you end up getting the manual anyways, there will be a silver, 2007 with black interior, premium, 18s, and nav that will be at eskridge lexus in OKC. i know for a fact you can get the car for 1k off at a minimum. just do a dealer trade or come pick it up. should be here middle september. let me know if you end up wanting it, i can get you a good word in and maybe some more off of it. i would highly recommend you test drive a manual IS before waiting for 3 months like i did. You may find yourself getting the automatic in the end like me.

good luck,

let me know what you end up deciding

Thanks for the info. I appreciate the tip, but it may be a bit longer before I'm ready for a new IS. A growing family means that we will probably be looking at a Sienna or Highlander in the next couple months. So, I'm in no rush.

What other cars have you cross-shopped with the IS? I was looking at a Mercedes-Benz C230 the other day, and they're beautiful cars. I admit that they're not in the same league as the IS (the C350 is probably a closer match), but they do catch my eye. They're available with manual transmission as well. Not as sporty as the IS (a liter smaller and 100 hp less), but I'm sure they're fun sedans. The C230 is significantly less expensive; as it probably should be. Another one that comes to mind is the Infiniti G35. The coupe version is much more attractive to me than the sedan version. I never thought I'd say this, but the sporty nature of the G35 is what makes it appealing to me... and at the same time it's why I probably won't buy one.

I was looking at a Mercedes-Benz C230 the other day, and they're beautiful cars. I admit that they're not in the same league as the IS (the C350 is probably a closer match), but they do catch my eye. They're available with manual transmission as well. Not as sporty as the IS (a liter smaller and 100 hp less), but I'm sure they're fun sedans. The C230 is significantly less expensive; as it probably should be.

Just do some research on the C Class before making that decision.

They haven't been getting the best of reviews.

The '07 G35 AWD does look appealing.... for the fact that you can get AWD and 300hp

Just ain't as pretty as the IS :(