Sun Shade....

Bourne33065

Hey guys I know this has already been brought up but I couldn't find the thread :wacko: I was wondering what is a good sun shade (the one to put on the windshield when you leave the car) for the IS 350? Any adivce on prices, brands, and where to get them would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheers:

Hey guys I know this has already been brought up but I couldn't find the thread :wacko: I was wondering what is a good sun shade (the one to put on the windshield when you leave the car) for the IS 350? Any adivce on prices, brands, and where to get them would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheers:

I use this intro-tech shade which fits very snug.

http://www.lexus-parts.com/partdetail.asp?...ubCategoryID=34

I went down and but a $4.99 foil shade from Autozone.. Does it fit nice and snug? nope.. but it does the job...

Cool, it looks great. How would you rate it's performance?

I went down and but a $4.99 foil shade from Autozone.. Does it fit nice and snug? nope.. but it does the job...

LOL, I thought about it...How does it work?

It works.. lol It also has a nice Velcro strap... The Lexus one looks nice.. and to be honest... if they had it at a store... I would pay the $29 maybe... but add in the s/h.. your looking closer to $35-$40... That's when my Value meter kicks in... :)

Its amazing... up here in New England... very few people use shades... I didn't have one until the heat wave hit about a month ago... growing up and Oklahoma/Texas it was just as much a standard as a Snow/Ice Scraper is up here... but now I use it everyday along with my rear shade... amazing how much cooler it keeps your car....

Have you looked on ebay? I'll look around for one also and let you know if I find anything...

well.. not sure why... but today when I was ordering some touch-paint... I noticed the shipping is all the same.... so I added the sun shade... lmao.. Internet with a Credit Card in your hand = dumb buying...

I'll let you know how it works compared to the cheapo!! lol

well.. not sure why... but today when I was ordering some touch-paint... I noticed the shipping is all the same.... so I added the sun shade... lmao.. Internet with a Credit Card in your hand = dumb buying...

I'll let you know how it works compared to the cheapo!! lol

LMAO HA HA HA I know what you mean :cheers: , and thanks I look forward to knowing how it performs. Did you get the Lexus one or one from a different site?

i

Got them from that link.. Sewell Lexus.. So far so good... Shipped out the same day... should be here Thursday... so we shall see!! :)

Let us know.

Got the shade in... first off.. Sewell sent it to my billing address.. so it took me an extra day... :chairshot:

On the web site.. it says intro-tech.. even my invoice says intro-tech but they sent me a heatshield...

Not sure if it needs to be warmed up a little or what... but right now its about 1" to narrow... also it doesnt fit center... :unsure: It feels like a nice solid shade if that means something!?? lol

going to test it out this weekend and give it a little time... until then I'm holding off on given my $4.99 autozone shade away... :)

i

Got them from that link.. Sewell Lexus.. So far so good... Shipped out the same day... should be here Thursday... so we shall see!! :)

Let us know.

Got the shade in... first off.. Sewell sent it to my billing address.. so it took me an extra day... :chairshot:

On the web site.. it says intro-tech.. even my invoice says intro-tech but they sent me a heatshield...

Not sure if it needs to be warmed up a little or what... but right now its about 1" to narrow... also it doesnt fit center... :unsure: It feels like a nice solid shade if that means something!?? lol

going to test it out this weekend and give it a little time... until then I'm holding off on given my $4.99 autozone shade away... :)

LOL I See, let's hope it works....I just bought one on ebay...Couldn't wait lol :cheers:

I just traded in a Honda Civic Hybrid for my IS350 & am using the same generic, accordion style reflecting sunshade that I bought at the local swap meet (Orange County Fair Grounds, Ca.). It fits perfectly...its almost a little too big, but creates a very snug fit. It doesn't let a peep of light in.

For what its worth,

I just traded in a Honda Civic Hybrid for my IS350 & am using the same generic, accordion style reflecting sunshade that I bought at the local swap meet (Orange County Fair Grounds, Ca.). It fits perfectly...its almost a little too big, but creates a very snug fit. It doesn't let a peep of light in.

For what its worth,

From a Honda Civic hybrid to an IS350,...now that's a BIG JUMP!

Yeah, horsepower and mph are both shockinly different. HP in the right direction, MPG in the wrong.

It's not too bad on fuel, though. My friend just bought the Hemi Charger and it only gets about 7MPG. THe 12-18MPG they advertise is with the A/C off and grandma driving.

Overall, I'm very pleased with my change. I don't mind sacrificing a little mpg for overall comfort and style.

i

Let us know.

Got the shade in... first off.. Sewell sent it to my billing address.. so it took me an extra day...:chairshot:

Well.. I love the shade... but hated the fact that it was an 1" to short.... so thursday I was in the car waiting for a friend.. so I thought I'll call Heatshield and ask them if they had any tips.. I was sent to a voice mail... (thought it was the end of the road but I was wrong) CanvasWorks called me the next morning... said they redesigned the 2006 IS and they are shipping me out the new one for no charge... wow.. That type of Customer Service and the backing up of a product makes me an instant fan of CanvasWorks.. CanvasWorks traded one shade for 5 cause when Christmas comes around.. I found me a great little stocking stuffer!!

For the shade itself... Its high quality... looks like it will last for years... Is it 5 times better then the $5 shade at Autozone?? No.. Is it a MUST HAVE!? A sun shade YES... if you have $30 get the heatshield... if you dont have time or the $$ right now.. grab a $5 one...

They both do the job... but I would bet in 3 years... HeatShield will still be in the car... the $5 Autozone might make it a little past a year...

I'll let you know how the new HeatShield works...

Well.. I love the shade... but hated the fact that it was an 1" to short.... so thursday I was in the car waiting for a friend.. so I thought I'll call Heatshield and ask them if they had any tips.. I was sent to a voice mail... (thought it was the end of the road but I was wrong) CanvasWorks called me the next morning... said they redesigned the 2006 IS and they are shipping me out the new one for no charge... wow.. That type of Customer Service and the backing up of a product makes me an instant fan of CanvasWorks.. CanvasWorks traded one shade for 5 cause when Christmas comes around.. I found me a great little stocking stuffer!!

I love stories about great service. I've been looking for a quality well-fitting sun shade for a while now, and I immediately ran to CanvasWorks after I read your post. Unfortunately, their website doesn't work too well, and I couldn't get to the order page :(

I love stories about great service. I've been looking for a quality well-fitting sun shade for a while now, and I immediately ran to CanvasWorks after I read your post. Unfortunately, their website doesn't work too well, and I couldn't get to the order page :(

yup.. its strange... but once you put your email address in.. it starts you on your course to order... they need some major work on that Site! You might call them instead....

I just purchased the Covercraft sun shade custom made UVS100 for my IS350. I purchased through autoanything.com. They do price matches and I got it for $42.00 with shipping included. Storage case is optional. This shade appears to have substance as compared to the "foil like" ones I have been seeing. For $5.00 more it appeared worth trying. My personal feelings were that the foil type appeared and felt flimsey. So, I decided to either spend $5.00 on a cheap one and be bothered about it every time I used it or just get a good one and not think about it ever again.

I just purchased the Covercraft sun shade custom made UVS100 for my IS350. I purchased through autoanything.com. They do price matches and I got it for $42.00 with shipping included. Storage case is optional. This shade appears to have substance as compared to the "foil like" ones I have been seeing. For $5.00 more it appeared worth trying. My personal feelings were that the foil type appeared and felt flimsey. So, I decided to either spend $5.00 on a cheap one and be bothered about it every time I used it or just get a good one and not think about it ever again.

Only thing that concerns me on the fold up types... Like anything that is folded over and over... the seams get worn out....

Lets us know how it fits and your thoughts...

• 2 weeks later...

Got my new shade in today... two weeks later.. but hey wasnt even expecting a new one!!

Fits like a glove from left 2 right... but hangs over the top about 2".... might be built like that so it helps the visors hold it in place better... just wondering if it will rub marks or something on the top of the ceiling after a few months??

Anyway... A LOT BETTER!!!

-

Received my Covercraft sun shade earlier in the week. The Fit is exceptional, the shade is truly custom fit and is not a loose fitting general pattern. The construction is very good. A dull silvery exterior. A medium gray flanel type of material facing the inside cab. A stiff cardboard type insulation between the two. The double row seam stitching along the partitions is sturdy and does not appear that it will fail for at least a few years. The heat insulation is as good if not better than a typical shade due to the insulation board. The only downside is that is is not as easily stored as the foil type due to the fact that it can not be folded as easily.