Potenza Re050 / Dunlop Maxx Tires

Whats up Lexus owners,

Im about a week into ownership of a Breakwater Blue Met IS 350 w/navi. Awesome car.

One thing that I cannot figure out is why some 350's have the Potenzas and some have the Dunlops.

Out of the 6 or so 350's on the dealers lot, it seems the tires were just random, some with the Potenzas, some with the Dunlops. Is there any reason for this?

Im happy with the Potenzas, even though there is definately some road noise.

Im just waiting to hit the ~681 mile mark so I can start putting some G35's and Beemers in their place. :chairshot:

There's a runflat version of Potenza Re050 but it's not the one that comes on the IS.

Lexus is not single sourcing tires, so if they are using Dunlop and Bridgestone, you'll get whatever was online at the time your car got its tires.

There's a runflat version of Potenza Re050 but it's not the one that comes on the IS.

Lexus is not single sourcing tires, so if they are using Dunlop and Bridgestone, you'll get whatever was online at the time your car got its tires.

They're round, they're black, and they stick to the road like glue. Personally, I'm not terrbily picky about whether it's Dunlop or Bridgestone. But I do like the agressive looking sidewall on the Bridgestone 18's in the front - sort of a sharp line about 3/4 of an inch above the bead. Don't know if the Dunlops have that, but it looks cool after a wash and some Vinylex.

Interestingly, though, the salesman that we bought the car from made sure to note that the Bridgestone Potenza's on this car are made in Japan and have nothing to do with the exploding Bridgestone/Firestone tires made in the US. Not that I would be worried about that, but I did think it was funny that he specifically pointed it out.

Whats up Lexus owners,

Im about a week into ownership of a Breakwater Blue Met IS 350 w/navi. Awesome car.

One thing that I cannot figure out is why some 350's have the Potenzas and some have the Dunlops.

Out of the 6 or so 350's on the dealers lot, it seems the tires were just random, some with the Potenzas, some with the Dunlops. Is there any reason for this?

Im happy with the Potenzas, even though there is definately some road noise.

Im just waiting to hit the ~681 mile mark so I can start putting some G35's and Beemers in their place.:chairshot:

Do you have the sports pak?

Our IS250 6MT with Sport Pak has Bridgestone's. I was worried that the car was gonna come with Dunlops .. I asked the sales guy to swap out the Dunlops for anything else XCEPT for Continential.

I was plesantly surprized when the car arrived with Bridgestones.

Like Bartkat said: It all depends what is 'on the line" the day is ready for tires. One day it Bridgestones and the next it could be Dunlops (yuk)

Tires were changed from Dunlops to Bridgestones due to pulling issues with the Dunlop tires. Countermeasures Is's now will all have Bridgestones now. Checked the dealers stock, any IS with Dunlops is older the an IS with Bridgestone.

They're round, they're black, and they stick to the road like glue. Personally, I'm not terrbily picky about whether it's Dunlop or Bridgestone. But I do like the agressive looking sidewall on the Bridgestone 18's in the front - sort of a sharp line about 3/4 of an inch above the bead. Don't know if the Dunlops have that, but it looks cool after a wash and some Vinylex.

Interestingly, though, the salesman that we bought the car from made sure to note that the Bridgestone Potenza's on this car are made in Japan and have nothing to do with the exploding Bridgestone/Firestone tires made in the US. Not that I would be worried about that, but I did think it was funny that he specifically pointed it out.

That sharp line above the bead is a rim protector. Most performance tires are being designed like that now. The tire companies know how much people invest into their rims. It took me some time to get used to the rim line but now its a welcome sight.

I have the Dunlops and have no pulling issues. Is having too much tratction a valid complaint? ;)