Words Can't Describe

Hello to everyone. I just picked up my is350 Monday night!!!! I found a "used" one with only 4k miles sitting at a BMW dealership, so I had to jump all over it!!! I'm still trying to figure out why some bonehead decided to trade down to a Bimmer :chairshot:

I had no idea how much fun I was missing out on during my daily commute. :cries:

But I've seen the light :D I love the 6 second NAV hack, its a must, especially with a passenger. Funny thing is, I'm not just in love with the power, I'm in love with the turning radius too!! This car is incredible!!

:lol:

Hello to everyone. I just picked up my is350 Monday night!!!! I found a "used" one with only 4k miles sitting at a BMW dealership, so I had to jump all over it!!! I'm still trying to figure out why some bonehead decided to trade down to a Bimmer :chairshot:

I had no idea how much fun I was missing out on during my daily commute. :cries:

But I've seen the light :D I love the 6 second NAV hack, its a must, especially with a passenger. Funny thing is, I'm not just in love with the power, I'm in love with the turning radius too!! This car is incredible!!

Congrats! :cheers:

I should have come out with the same post when I picked mine up three weeks ago! The 350 is truly an amazing machine. Before deciding on it, I drove a friends new 330i, and while I appreciated the extreme driving feel of the beemer, I felt like the feedback I was getting from the road was adding work to the driving experience. The IS doesn't have the same road feel but I believe this is for people that want technology to head in the direction of a nicer transportation experience rather than going to war with the road surface.

did u get that white one from irvine bmw? i saw that car monday when i was getting something on one of my bmws fixed. your salesman wasnt rafa was it?

did u get that white one from irvine bmw? i saw that car monday when i was getting something on one of my bmws fixed. your salesman wasnt rafa was it?

My what a small world it is! :) Yes it was from Irvine BMW, but my salesman was Tim. He was a very cool cat and now a friend.

yes it is a small world. glad u found yourself a decent salesman at irvine bmw let alone any bmw dealer. thats a rare occasion!

NO kidding!! My sales man was the only one that offered assistance. I walked up to the dealership with my head on a swivel already knowing what I wanted. I must have passed 4 or 5 other "sales man" before I was offered any help. I'm not saying they were prejudging me based on my appearance but......................................maybe they were!!! HAHAHA to bad for them.

same exact deal with me when i bought a cpo from them. one of them was staring at me the whole time, i start walking towards the building and then he follows me & finally asks me if i need help. problem is he wasnt the best to deal with. but who are we kidding most pre owned salesmen are like that, even the lexus ones.

no use prejudging the salesman as well...lol

I hate that feeling when it seems like everyone is watching you when you walk in...like they know/think your there just to look at the cars. but on the other hand, i hate pushy salesmen as well. I have found a good lexus saleswoman that i will continue to go back to...you just gotta do the same

I eat salesman up like a shark. I drive anything I want for free, waste their whole afternoon, sit at the desk, shake hands, go to the finance guy and crap all over them until I got the manager and 3 other guys in the office and feed them the same bull they are giving me, playing all kinds of games with them and walk out with nothing because I dont like the deal. I feel sorry for the sap that comes out like he's a wheeler dealer and hunts me down on the lot because he's just going to get chewed up and spit out. I am there just to look but they dont take that for an answer.

My wife hates going with me as she feels sorry for the salesperson.

Now they leave me alone when I come to look.

I eat salesman up like a shark. I drive anything I want for free, waste their whole afternoon, sit at the desk, shake hands, go to the finance guy and crap all over them until I got the manager and 3 other guys in the office and feed them the same bull they are giving me, playing all kinds of games with them and walk out with nothing because I dont like the deal. I feel sorry for the sap that comes out like he's a wheeler dealer and hunts me down on the lot because he's just going to get chewed up and spit out. I am there just to look but they dont take that for an answer.

Now they leave me alone when I come to look.

:lol: :D :lol: :D

I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I quite enjoy listening to all of their B.S. I start asking questions and they are like well I will have to find out...(come right back) "find out...what you do not know..."

I find the car I want...(do not even talk about figures with me)...then after I have found the car lets see what the best deal...and then it is on! I will have the Salesman...finance guy...sales manager to come out to me at least 2x then I start to tell them we are getting some where!

I love when they ask "where do you want the payments to be" I am always like is that a joke..."Free" or better yet "don't you want us to make any money off of this"..."hmm...not really"

My Lexus salesman was great...his name was Seth and I have referred people to him at Sheehy Lexus...and I would buy from him again...

:lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D

LOL The last car buying or I should say leasing experiance I had was loads of fun...my wife almost did not even go with me to get her car! She wanted to pick out the car and go home...let me do the dealing...it takes me hours! I have started even getting her into it though...when we found her new car...after about 3 1/2 hours of my best work...we had got hung up over $900.00...I was not going to bend...I am not sure if she just wanted to go home or what...but she told the SM if you won't do it for him...do it for me! Ha, gonna have to bring her with me more often...the SM tapped me on the shoulder said "Well since she asked" Dropped the price! B) B)

:D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol:

Is this the 6 second hack that you used?

"In sequence

Press the Menu button on the dash.

Press the Volume button on the screen.

Press the upper left corner of the screen. (Where the speaker icon is located.)

Press the lower left corner of the screen.

Press the upper left corner of the screen again.

Press the lower left corner of the screen again.

On the screen that appears:

Press the Override button and hold it until you hear a beep. The Override letters turn black in color showing it is deselected.

Press the Back button to get back to the previous screen."

Is this the 6 second hack that you used?

"In sequence

Press the Menu button on the dash.

Press the Volume button on the screen.

Press the upper left corner of the screen. (Where the speaker icon is located.)

Press the lower left corner of the screen.

Press the upper left corner of the screen again.

Press the lower left corner of the screen again.

On the screen that appears:

Press the Override button and hold it until you hear a beep. The Override letters turn black in color showing it is deselected.

Press the Back button to get back to the previous screen."

Thats the one. Anytime I have a passenger in my ride I make sure I do this. People just can't keep their hands off of the screen. I can't blame them............neither can I!!