Auto Locking Feature

JimKrois

Hi, I am trying to confirm that a 1999 Lexus LS 400 has the feature that once you put the car in drive the doors automatically lock? I know once I put the car in park the doors automatically unlock (you can turn this option off) so it makes sense that putting the car in drive would lock the doors... Thanks.

It's not a stock feature. Someone might have done that to your car. I believe the only feature that is optional is the windows being able to roll themselves up, but you have to do something with the coding.

Keep it around, it sounds nice, but don't be surprised if something happens to them.

Its an option through Lexus' C-BEST settings, they're dealer settings that can be changed with a pad at the dealer. You can get a packet of what can be changed, light timing, lock/unlock, stuff like that. The stock setting is that and the auto unlock feature off, someone just turned them on.

what about the 1990 models???

do we have the LOCK/ automatically when put into drive ??

or the windows roll up automatically when we lock or turn the car off

id really like it if the 90 has these abilities..

never heard of those abilities, all i know is that GS models starting 98 have the rolldown of all windows from remote. not sure about LS but prolly LS has it too, but not the first gen

My Dad's 98 LS windows roll down when holding the unlock on the key, and then roll back up when you turn the key in the lock. My ES does it too, but they dont roll back up (odd).

C-BEST came out in 98 or 97, I dont remember which. But no, I'm fairly sure the first gens didn't have C-BEST settings.