Lexus Halts Sirius

I purchased a 2007 RX350 AWD almost 1 month ago and purchased Sirius with it (it was very important to me that my next vehicle also have Sirius like the one I was replacing). Lexus HQ & the dealer both confirmed Sirius was available, and it's listed on my lease document. On the day of picking up the new RX (it had to be located and brought in, none of the local dealers carried loaded versions in the colors I wanted) the dealer told me Sirius was backordered and would be in during July. On Monday of this week I called Lexus HQ and found out they have halted Sirius completely in all Lexus models - they even removed all mention of Sirius from their English website (it is still on the Spanish site, but I'm sure that will be gone soon). Since that time I've called dozens and dozens of shops looking for an intergrated Sirius option with no luck. I simply must have Sirius installed and am searching for those which have done so. I do not want some external unit that is not integrated (if I wanted that I would have purchased an Acura RL). What solutions have been found to resolve the issue of Lexus halting Sirius and leaving consumers like me feeling shafted?

James

Odd you feel shafted because of an external mount for a radio is more important than the vehicle itself.

Lexus does not break ties for no reason. Your assumption is that they are shafting you but why?

I have not even heard of it no longer being offered. I am not a fan of the Sirius line up much as i have XM on an external mount in my LS400.

You also did not have the vehicle form the factory with the option it is a dealer installed option. So all in all your problem is with the dealership and you should make them resolve it as it is in there contract as you stated.

Maybe you can get a club member who wants to switch from Sirius to XM to sell a factory module to you. You might check with Toyota clubs as well.

This, of course, assumes that a 2006 Sirius unit would be compatible with your 2007 model.

Odd you feel shafted because of an external mount for a radio is more important than the vehicle itself.

If Sirius is on the purchase or lease contract then it is a contractual obligation for the dealer to provide it unless the contract language somehow gives the dealer an "out".

If you really want Sirius and the dealer and Lexus can't come through then terminate the lease immediately -- you will likely need an attorney.

You are paying for integrated satelite radio -- I wouldn't want an add-on unit sat radio either if I was acquiring a brand new car. Stick to your guns and demand what you paid for.