Picture Of My New Wheels

I've been looking for awhile, but finally I got some wheels for the Lexus. What promped me to upgrade was the chrome was pealing off the old rims and slow leaks were annoying.

I was shooting for the IS300 17" chrome rims, but I couldn't find any cheap so I found this set for $475 today w/ tires. Rims cost $1599 new and tires are about 60% left.

That's my kind of deal! :lol:

:cheers:

What do you think?

Before:

100_0563.jpg

After:

100_0776.JPG

or click here if the pictures don't come up: http://michalscheck.com/updates.html

The tires are a little too big. (they rub slightly on the big bumps) They are 255/45ZR17. I'm going to put on 225's on there, but keep the 45 profile for the nicer ride than the rougher 40. Also, I noticed the rear sags on the car a little. It's more noticable now, but I've got new struts coming.

I called lexus about the struts...$398 or something like that for struts only; so I found a set at a junkyard off a 1998 w/ 20k miles that are electrically adjustable for only $175 for both, w/ springs. Should take care of the sagging springs in the back and the noise that the struts are making.

I feel like I'm turning into a junkyard junkie. :snoooorrrtttt:

:lol:

wow.. 255/45-17.... how much do they stuck out..? do u mind taken some pic of the Front shot and rear shot...

hey is it me or not.. those rim look just like a UPSIZE of your stock ES chrome wheel.... :blink::cheers:

wow.. 255/45-17.... how much do they stuck out..? do u mind taken some pic of the Front shot and rear shot...

hey is it me or not.. those rim look just like a UPSIZE of your stock ES chrome wheel.... :blink:  :cheers:

Here's one of the front:

100_0778a.JPG

and another...

100_0777a.jpg

(and I made all the pics smaller for those of "us" on dialup :ph34r:

As you can see, they are right on the line of the car. The stock rims stuck in like 1"

so these make a huge difference in the front an back look.

Oh, and yeah, I think they look alot like the old rims, but just UPSIZED. That's the big reason I

bought them. :D

I just threw 225's on the back so now they don't rub. Now I need to go get 225's for the front so it doesn't look so goofy. :)

FYI everyone.... I believe 225's is the biggest you can go on the ES300. Possibly 245's but I wouldn't try. The 255's rub pretty bad in the back.

Oh, the car handles like a dream now. It sticks to the road like glue. I really missed that since I sold my Celica GT w/ 17" ZR rated tires. I pulled some heavy G's on the way home from the tire store today. I was testing to see if the rear tires rubbed and was really surprise at how well the car handles w/ 17" street tires. It really reminds me of my Celica GT. It just doesn't seem right to have a car that doesn't handle like that. :D

I recommend big wheels/good tires to all! :magic:

:cheers: