My First Post & In Need Of Help

hello all,

first off this is a great forum, however i have been unable to find a solution to my problem in any prior posts.

i have a 93 ES 300, i have a shimmy in my front pass. side, which comes in when i go over 50 mph, and sometimes while breaking.

I took it to local wheel shop and they said my front end is perfectly fine. Good balljoints, tierod, axle, control arm and bearing. Got an alignment done anyway, also a balance. and the sound is still there.

Its important to note; i had recently changed my front rotors on my own with the help of a friend who is experienced. the noiose was however there even before i changed the rotors(mildly-common rumble when rotors need to be changed). The sound and rough ride has been amplified somehwat since.

anyone has any idea on what either myself or the mechanics at the shop could be over looking?. steering collomn? mounts? anything?

hello all,

first off this is a great forum, however i have been unable to find a solution to my problem in any prior posts.

i have a 93 ES 300, i have a shimmy in my front pass. side, which comes in when i go over 50 mph, and sometimes while breaking.

I took it to local wheel shop and they said my front end is perfectly fine. Good balljoints, tierod, axle, control arm and bearing. Got an alignment done anyway, also a balance. and the sound is still there.

Its important to note; i had recently changed my front rotors on my own with the help of a friend who is experienced. the noiose was however there even before i changed the rotors(mildly-common rumble when rotors need to be changed). The sound and rough ride has been amplified somehwat since.

anyone has any idea on what either myself or the mechanics at the shop could be over looking?. steering collomn? mounts? anything?

From my experience? CV joint, a cracked boot that leaked out all fluid. how about your struts? are they're leaked?

Swap the front tires for the rear tires. If the shimmy goes away, then it is the wheels/tires.

If the noise and shimmy stays it is in the car and not the wheels.

wheel bearing and/or hub assembly ok?

How hard did the shop have to whack the old rotor to get them off or did they use the two screw technigue?

You could always go for a second balance at a different shop (second opinion type stuff). Go to a place that has a Hunter Road Force balancer.

steviej

thanks for the replies guys,

there are a few suggestions here that i'm gonna look into, but i did try the easiest one mentioned, which was changing out the tire and yup! the ride was the same... so i know its a front end/ breaks issue.

my CV joints were fine when i saw them a few days ago, struts however is a different story. The way the car rides is fine, so i dont think i'm having a strut problem. but i'll def. look into it.

the guys at the shop while checking didnt mention anything about the bearings or assembly so i'm assuming those parts were ok too. while changing the rotors tho all i did was simply put the calipers back on the same way they came off.. so i'll have the shop check to see if it was reassembled correctly.

thanks for the advice again, and i'll keep you guys posted.