Trans Cooler.

i noticed today in the 100deg weather that my car was shifting sloppy and didnt wanna go in reverse.

now i was driving at an elevated rate compared to most, and i also noticed that: i was doing 40 in o/d and hit the switch to go into 3rd (drive) and my tach just dropped to idle for about 5 sec, then it felt like somthing caught and it went into gear.

and the i let it set for about 5 minutes started it up, threw it in revese and touched the gas and nothing happened, it just reved, then it felt like somthing went into place and it worked fine,

did i over heat my tranny?

i have noticed after a lot of shifting it doesnt like to instantly kick in reverse it hesitates.

also still have a poping the front right, i have changed the strutm ball joint allthe control arm bushings, i am thinking it is the sway bar endlink or bushing.

i noticed today in the 100deg weather that my car was shifting sloppy and didnt wanna go in reverse.

now i was driving at an elevated rate compared to most, and i also noticed that: i was doing 40 in o/d and hit the switch to go into 3rd (drive) and my tach just dropped to idle for about 5 sec, then it felt like somthing caught and it went into gear.

and the i let it set for about 5 minutes started it up, threw it in revese and touched the gas and nothing happened, it just reved, then it felt like somthing went into place and it worked fine,

i have noticed after a lot of shifting it doesnt like to instantly kick in reverse it hesitates.

also still have a poping the front right, i have changed the strutm ball joint allthe control arm bushings, i am thinking it is the sway bar endlink or bushing.

for the clicking noise see if the front caliper's pins need to be greased. i had the same problem and it turned out the clicking was due to rust forming on the pins...

just replaced the caliper due to it sticking, didnt fix it. it more of a poping noise when the car arctulates.

i changed the fluid it was still mostly redish. well red tinted.

kick down cable? yeah i think it does what way should i turn it.

I almost put in a new tranny with these symptoms. Fortunately for me, a radiator solved the problem totally. No problem since. Three mechanics looked at the car and condemned the trans. None saw the problem with the radiator. (except the trans guy I took it to here in Portland)

As explained to me, these are linked somehow. The system ,when overheated, begins to protect the other components.

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!

rosie