Es300 Tow Bar

Steve

Hi Guys

Does anyone know if it is possible to have a tow bar for a ES300?? If it is possible does anyone know where i can obtain one please??

I don't know if this is what you're looking for, but you can give it a try.

http://www.trailerhitches.com/?source=goog...h&tid=broad

Can it tow it?

Yeah. Camry v6's / ES 300's / Camry wagons have bigger brakes than 4runners, almost as much torque (More than the old 3vz-e & 22r-te's) Its not really a question of will it tow it. It'll pull & stop it fine.

The question is if the car can handle it. Toyota/Lexus says no. I would bet you bottom out your rear suspension & who knows what that & the extra stress on the uniframe & towing points will do.

If it's too much, find the video of the civic being pulled out of a snow bank & it's bumper & part of the rear frame is ripped off the car. :) Over-dramatic I know. I don't know what to tell you. Anyone else ever pulled anything?

Can it tow it?

Yeah. Camry v6's / ES 300's / Camry wagons have bigger brakes than 4runners, almost as much torque (More than the old 3vz-e & 22r-te's) Its not really a question of will it tow it. It'll pull & stop it fine.

The question is if the car can handle it. Toyota/Lexus says no. I would bet you bottom out your rear suspension & who knows what that & the extra stress on the uniframe & towing points will do.

If it's too much, find the video of the civic being pulled out of a snow bank & it's bumper & part of the rear frame is ripped off the car. :) Over-dramatic I know. I don't know what to tell you. Anyone else ever pulled anything?

I pull a 14ft aluminum boat with at 25hp motor- pulled it on a 10 hour trip- no problems- can barely tell its back there.

Towing isn't a question of the motor. The motor is the least important aspect of towing something. At the rpm's you tow at, the engine is only using about 30-50bhp anyway.

Towing something is about the vehicle itself. It's frame, suspension, supports, and brake system.

We simply don't have the frame & supports rated to do it. Everyone on this forum knows our rear suspension by (Regardless of any other single aspect) can't tow. You can bottom it out almost with nothing more than good, heavy audio equipment. Let alone actually putting weight, and other forces onto it!

3500lbs. Ya... It'll move it better than most SUV's can with our v6. The brakes... Will probably stop it without too much fuss. Assuming you have fresh brake fluid & the pads are atleast OEM quality. But that doesn't make it safe to tow that much with the car.

Can it tow it?

Thanks for the heads up, i guess i'll need to buy another car to tow the nissan / airstream basecamp. that thing is beautiful.

I am not sure exactly what a tow bar is, but if you mean a hitch receiver, any trailer hitch place can order and install one for about $125 US. I got mine in Atlanta GA area the next day.

I would never pull anything bigger than a kayak carrier, I use mine for the bike rack.

I did not get a tail light connection. That is a little complicated and requires a separate kit that starts under the hood.

I cannot imagine trying to pull, or stop, a camper of any size. Hope I am not in front of someone who tries.