Traction Control?

Hi, sometimes on my IS 350 I take a turn (pretty fast) but the yellow light flashes on the bottom right of my dial cluster....Does that indicate that the traction control is kicking in? And then sometimes the yellow light flashes and it beeps....What does the beeping signify? Thanks for any answers!!!!!!!!!!11

Yes, my IS does the same thing, the skidding car light flashes, i guess it did something to prevent you from crashing. You can thank those Z rate tires for the lack of grip

But but if the computer keeps you from chrashing it evens out lol.

I think that's the VDIM kicking in one or more of the stability control items.

Oh ok, I thought it was something being disabled and trying to restore itself...But that makes sense...Thanks!!!!

It shouldnt be engaging if you arent driving on the "edge" or on the verge of a skid or something though. It can happen sometimes going over a sharp bump or if one wheel drops in a pothole and the system senses a momentary loss of traction. I havent had mine come on, but I know other drivers who have. Maybe I havent pushed it hard enough. :D

try making a sharp right turn rather quickly while raining

Dont try this at home kiddies. :chairshot:

Seriously, if you want to test the limits, do it somewhere like in an empty parking lot or something. When I first tried the VDIM disable I went to a little used shopping center, checked the lot for any hidden obstacles and then did some donuts, just to get a feel for how the car would handle.

Hapless kids that have goosed their IS300s too hard on wet on ramps have ended up crashing into guard rails and stuff and messing up their nice cars. Then they make posts wondering why they couldn't take the on ramp at the same speed they did when it was dry. Others have hit a patch of oil or a little gravel that wasn't there before and ended up in the weeds or worse. IOW, don't try any of this stuff on a public road.

oops, sorry, when i said rather quickly, i meant at a reasonable speed. Im not a lead foot dare devil and it still happened to me, what im saying is like 20mph, lol and it still happened.

I had it happen making a right turn where the street had been repaved but there was still a low spot right by the curb of the intersection. The right rear wheel dropped in that low spot just as I was pushing on the gas, trac kicked in and I had no power for an instant and the warning light came on. Just as quickly it was back to normal.