Wood Finish

i have an IS350 with with Auburn Bird's-Eye Maple Accent .....i noticed the wood gets these "spots" very easily.....look like water spots.....i tried to wipe them out with a microfiber cloth but it takes a lot of buffing and some spots still showing......i didn't want to use any chemicals or windex afraid they may damage the finish.......any suggestions on what these spots nay be and the best way to take them out and keep the wood finish clean?

thank you for your comments.

Hi:

Use Aerospace Protectant 303 it will take the spots out and leave them like new!

Just spray onto aplicator spread the product use the microfiber towel to leave it spotless.

C. PR

i have an IS350 with with Auburn Bird's-Eye Maple Accent .....i noticed the wood gets these "spots" very easily.....look like water spots.....i tried to wipe them out with a microfiber cloth but it takes a lot of buffing and some spots still showing......i didn't want to use any chemicals or windex afraid they may damage the finish.......any suggestions on what these spots nay be and the best way to take them out and keep the wood finish clean?

303 is a good product for matte plastic and vinyl finishes, but it isn't appropriate for gloss plastics, paint, or the wood finish in your car. You can simply use anything you would use on the paint of your car, or even actually glass cleaner. I use a good quality cleaner for clear plastics called Plexus.

• 1 year later...
Hi: where do you get this 303 product?

Use Aerospace Protectant 303 it will take the spots out and leave them like new!

Just spray onto aplicator spread the product use the microfiber towel to leave it spotless.

C. PR

Hi: where do you get this 303 product?

Just google it: 303 Aerospace Protectant. You'll get a bunch of hits on where you can get it. It's best for vinyl & plastic. I wouldn't use it on your wood or glass surfaces.

I have used 303 protectant in all surfaces that people would normally use products like Armor All. With great results, that includes the wood matte surfaces and the shining ones either plastic or leather. I have even used it on the leather seats with no problems. But everyone has its book. I agree is not suitable for painted surfaces, and before using it on your leather seats do a test in a place where no one can see, but my results have been most satisfactory. I find there is no other product that I know off that can protect against UV rays in the market. You can find the product in the net, search with google and in the boating shops like West Marine. Please correct me if I am wrong but the wood in the Lexus is imitation as well as other places in the interior that simulate leather, but part of the doors and seats are leather, I read this in the owners manual.

CPR

I find there is no other product that I know off that can protect against UV rays in the market.

Totally agree! I had tons of faded black trim on my Cherokee. Had I been using the 303 from the start I'm possitive I would not have had the fading problems.

Please correct me if I am wrong but the wood in the Lexus is imitation

I'm not sure about the other models (check out lexus.com), but the wood in the RX is real.

The wood trim in most vehicles (some Mercedes Benz and Lexus model’s use real wood) is protected with a urethane clear coat, polyurethane or a thin lacquer, which is very easily scratched. Remove scratches with a fine polish (QUIXX Repair System - http://www.quixx.com/english/kratzer.htm) clean /protect with a chemical cleaner (Klasse All-In-One or Zaino Z-AIO) and then buff with a clean 100% cotton towel

I have used 303 protectant in all surfaces that people would normally use products like Armor All. With great results, that includes the wood matte surfaces and the shining ones either plastic or leather. I have even used it on the leather seats with no problems. But everyone has its book. I agree is not suitable for painted surfaces, and before using it on your leather seats do a test in a place where no one can see, but my results have been most satisfactory. I find there is no other product that I know off that can protect against UV rays in the market. You can find the product in the net, search with google and in the boating shops like West Marine. Please correct me if I am wrong but the wood in the Lexus is imitation as well as other places in the interior that simulate leather, but part of the doors and seats are leather, I read this in the owners manual.

CPR

You can use 303 on anything you would use Armor All on. You can also use it on leather seats, even though you shouldn't use Armor All on them. 303 is a great product but its not appropriate for the wood trim, or any other component of the interior that has a glossy finish.

The wood is real, but its under a urethane coating.

I even use Pledge on it which works well.