Mat Options - What's The 'other' Color In A Beige Interior

teutonictrio

I want to replace the mats on my wife's RX 330 and rather than go with the light beige (ivory) that matches the interior, I wonder about that 'other color' in the interior, sort of a brownish hued grey color. Where could I get mats that match that color, and what color is it?

Wouldn't the dirt show up too easiely if the carpets were light? I think that's why they come standard in the brown.

I don't think i have never seen floor mats of an ivory color, probably for this reason.

It would be nice if the mats were lighter though; just wish they'd stay clean :unsure:

IMO you have 2 options depending on how much you want to spend. First, you can order all weather floor mats from Lexus and choose the darker interior mats or get mats from Pep Boys or Kragen. There might be other floor mat choices in any car magazine. I personally cut out carpet runners in my cars and just buy all weather floor mats from Pep Boys. The ones in my Gx are still good w/o holes or tears and they were originally from my Rx300(about 6 years old) because i sold the Rx for my Gx.

I'm not looking for the ivory mats, as that's what it comes with, and they show dirt SO fast and SO thoroughly - I want the darker gray/brown color that is on the dashboard and such - they have two colors of vinyl in the ivory interior, and the darker color would be great to get, as there is little black inside (just gauge surrounds) so black mats are out.

I am highlighting the color in this picture. It's gray, but some sort of unique gray with a brown or green tint to it. Anyone matched it before??

post-12742-1152508934_thumb.jpg

I'm not looking for the ivory mats, as that's what it comes with, and they show dirt SO fast and SO thoroughly - I want the darker gray/brown color that is on the dashboard and such - they have two colors of vinyl in the ivory interior, and the darker color would be great to get, as there is little black inside (just gauge surrounds) so black mats are out.

I am highlighting the color in this picture. It's gray, but some sort of unique gray with a brown or green tint to it. Anyone matched it before??

Well, black does match everthing =P. I have black all weather floors mats in my car and am loving it. I am running the black on black scheme so it obviously matches. I personally think black would look just fine in your car. Additionally, black hides dirt better and over time the mat will still look clean as opposed to buying a lighter color mat and having those turn black over time.

I'm wondering if this is a match or not - guess I should order a sample. It's from 'YESessentials by Millikin' and is called dark taupe.

popup_dark_taupe.jpg

Looks like it might blend. Dark Taupe?? :huh: Must mean dark ivory, because my 4Runner's interior is called Taupe (and it's a tan/ivory color). :P :D

The company is sending me swatches of this color and charcoal (if I go with 'black', as the black in the RX330 is not terribly deep in color) and I'll see if it works. If so, I'll be sure to let everyone know and post pictures if my wife can keep the car clear enough for some.