My "low Fuel" Light Might Be Broken?

I was running low on gas (according to the needle) and I noticed my "Low Fuel" light doesn't even come on. Here's a picture of how low my needle was. Is there a way to fix this? Or maybe I still had enough fuel for it not to activate yet? When is the Low Fuel light supposed to come on?

lowfuel.jpg

My speedo & gas gauge needle is burned out so this is leading me to believe that the low fuel light might be as well....

are you serious? i could drive another 100 miles on that? it doesn't seem right, it looks so low so I get paranoid!! lol! Ok.. Next time it gets that low, I will still drive it! How much miles do you get once the Low Fuel light goes on though?? Im assuming when it goes on you have about half a gallon left in your tank so about 8 miles?

WOW! Well you're right! Right after I took that picture, I put in $20 of gas (5.765 gal) and today it was running about that low again, so I decided to fill a gallon of gas and put it in my trunk because I was on a mission to see how low it would go. I ended up driving around to about 135 miles on that 5.765 gallong of gas and the Low Fuel light went on, but kept fading off - fading back on. The needle was actually ON the "E"! So I'm thinking the car won't run out of gas until it's BELOW the E. I was getting tired of driving around so I finally filled up my tank at 135 miles. I put in 14.841 gallons, so that means I can actually go Over 300 Miles to the tank!