Cd-rw ?

I have a 1997 ES300 with the stock radio and cd changer. I've read all the other post about this topic, some say you can and some say you can't. Can anyone confirm that you can play burned cd-rw's in this model ES ? If so which software are you using and did you have to change any of the settings prior to writing to the cd-rw ?

Thanks

memorex cdr's & cdrw's always worked fine in my old stock 6disk trunk changer.

I've used those too........also no problems. ;)

:cheers:

I use no name from staples (100 spindle)...work just fine for my baby songs to keep little one from having a melt down; along with daddy!

sony, maxell, memorex and TDK have all worked fine for me in my 02 ES.

I had one problem with a friend's CD but it would work in a walkman either. Turns out, when he made it, he didn't tell the recording program to finalize the disc at the end.

steviej

Edit:

sorry, I just checked, the above mentioned brands were all CD-R Audio discs. I don't remember what my friend's cd was: CD-R or CD-RW.

Edited by steviej

I guess with the blank cd-rw media available nowadays it must either not work or that I'm doing something wrong. I've tried TDK, Sony and even Memorex with no luck. They all have that bluish tint to them. It works fine with my TDK cd-r tho. Thanks for all the responses and if anyone has any other ways please let me know.

• 4 weeks later...

I have a 1997 ES300 with the stock radio and cd changer. I've read all the other post about this topic, some say you can and some say you can't. Can anyone confirm that you can play burned cd-rw's in this model ES ? If so which software are you using and did you have to change any of the settings prior to writing to the cd-rw ?

Thanks

My '98 Es plays CD-Rs without problem. I use .WAV format from various write programs.