Oxygen Sensor Locator

hello, I posted about my oxygen sensors before and thanks for all you guys helping me out, I got the oxygen sensor from the dealer, but the connection where the wires connect on it is diff than the one on my car already, so did my mechanic open the wrong sensor how many sensors are on the front of the car , or is it just the wiring problem ? pls any help is highly appreciated as always.

you have 3 sensors 2 on the engine are the same the one after is slightly different.

You may have had one changed before and they may have cut and spliced a new harness on.

yeah I did take out the one after the engine, so how do I know which sensor is bad in the first place?

you have 3 sensors 2 on the engine are the same the one after is slightly different.

You may have had one changed before and they may have cut and spliced a new harness on.

yeah I did take out the one after the engine, so how do I know which sensor is bad in the first place?

Most times they are not bad, but slow. You can test (while on car) on fast they can change volts. Don't feel bad in 4 years I have yet to find a rad car (from the dealer) that fits..

• 4 weeks later...

Most times they are not bad, but slow. You can test (while on car) on fast they can change volts. Don't feel bad in 4 years I have yet to find a rad car (from the dealer) that fits..

If the connector plug is different do not splice wires to install. Cars that meet CA specs do not use O2 sensors they use Air/fuel ratio sensors. They are located in same places and are same size but are very different .... do not interchange. Some after market sensors do not come with connectors and must be spliced .... I would not install sensor without connector.