Touch Up Paint, Dealer Far Away

I need to touch up a small spot on the roof - no idea how it got there. The closest dealer is almost 2 hours away. Dealer says there's no Toyota cross reference for a '95 LS400 code 4N1 (Crystal Quartz Metallic), at least they cross referenced the lower cladding (dark taupe). Dealer says they can't ship the paint via USPS (hazardous/toxic/flammable) and they'll need at least 2 weeks notice to order the stuff for me if I want to show up in person. I occasionally am in the same town as the dealer, but I usually don't have two weeks notice that I'll be there myself. And a $6 can of touch-up paint just doesn't merit nearly 4 hours in the car by itself.

Any ideas? Any other way to get this can shipped to me? Many thanks in advance.

As always, thanks gentlemen. Your info was spot on. Sewell's got my money, but I'll have to wait a few days extra for the UPS truck. The disturbing news was that I had called several dealerships that SKPerformance had mentioned, and none had any 4N1 in stock, then they all said the same thing, that the Lexus National dealership database claimed the paint to be "Discontinued" and "No longer available."

Even Sewell could not provide me with an 'original' touch-up tube of paint. I spoke w/ the manager there who told me that my order would be computer-matched to the color, and sent in a 1.0-2.0 oz. can for me to apply. I suppose it's the best I can do - the other places also mentioned computer-matched paint, but the smallest increment I could get was 1 US quart, just a tad more than I actually need, so I passed on those offers.

So, that's the bad news for us owners of older models - Lexus seems to be giving up on the support of those colors. To be fair, everyone I spoke w/ said this was the first they had seen of a paint color being discontinued. I have a sneaking suspicion that it won't be the last, though.

Unless, of course, this is all just a big conspiracy against me...

Thanks again!

• 6 years later...