Musty Cabin Odor.. Does A '94 Es 300 Have Cabin Ac Filters?

Hi Guys,

I have both 2001 ES300 and 94 ES300 for my bride, and apparently have the musty cabin odor. While I found on this forum instructions to remove and clean the filter on my 2001 (and in the manual) but don't find any reference to cabin filter in the '94 manual. Does anyone know if the '94 has one?

I also am suspicios that pollen collects in the water drain from in front of the windshield. Has anyone flushed that drain with a clorox mixture? Any problem with deteriorating whatever it is made of? Clorox can destroy some plastics, I understand.

Thanks, Shovel

Just added email notification.

Yes, all Camry platforms have an A/C filter. Few are installed by the factory.

Disinfect / de mold everything first. If it's musty, then something is growing in your damn car. A filter is just going to cover that up!

es-filter.jpg

es-filter-panel.jpg

es-filter-location.jpg

es-filter-slot.jpg

es-filter-widthheight.jpg

es-filter-depth.jpg

Check your sunroof too. Many times the actual problem is that the sunroof drains are clogged, and water spills into the car & you won't notice. Blow 20psi of compressed air into the drains, then blow 40psi into them.

Yes, all Camry platforms have an A/C filter. Few are installed by the factory.

Disinfect / de mold everything first. If it's musty, then something is growing in your damn car. A filter is just going to cover that up!

es-filter.jpg

es-filter-panel.jpg

es-filter-location.jpg

es-filter-slot.jpg

es-filter-widthheight.jpg

es-filter-depth.jpg

Check your sunroof too. Many times the actual problem is that the sunroof drains are clogged, and water spills into the car & you won't notice. Blow 20psi of compressed air into the drains, then blow 40psi into them.

Nice pix, This should help many members in the future ( if they search first :lol::lol::lol: ) Nice job toys. :cheers:

( if they search first :lol::lol::lol: ) Nice job toys. :cheers:

Ya that's the key. I only took those & put them on CL & 2003 LoL!

Ive always found it amazing that about every 6-9 months on CL for the alst few years. Someone will just "discover" the cabin filter vent & everybody goes wild. LoL! It's not like I was the first person to find it either, I was just the first person to put pics of the thing on there.

http://www.clublexus.com/gallery/showgalle...p;condition=and

( if they search first :lol::lol::lol: ) Nice job toys.:cheers:

Ive always found it amazing that about every 6-9 months on CL for the alst few years. Someone will just "discover" the cabin filter vent & everybody goes wild. LoL! It's not like I was the first person to find it either, I was just the first person to put pics of the thing on there.

Maybe most users over there can't use the search function.... :D :D

( if they search first :lol::lol::lol: ) Nice job toys.:cheers:

Maybe most users over there can't use the search function.... :D :D

Or won't ??? :lol::lol::lol: