Installing Low Beam Light On 97es300

Hey every one, one of my low beam lights on 97 es300 burned out. I looked around and found out that it is halogen H7 light bulb. I also seen sugestions for getting sylvania silvestars brand. I am just looking for cheap fix. Not looking for nothing fancy. Where do you think I should buy the bulb? DO I just come to store (autozone/straus) and ask for H7 bulb (will any h7 fit?)? or should I just order online from ebay for instance.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Sylvania-Si...1QQcmdZViewItem

will that fit?

also what is " H7 ST/2" ? is that better or worse? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Sylvania-Si...1QQcmdZViewItem

one last thing, should I remove the whole assembly to install it, or there is a easy way to do it while its still on the car? Other tips suggetions?

Thanks in advance.

Ilya

P.S. if any one got a fix for really loud ticking lifters (or as some one else told me its injectors). Let me know.

Thank you.

From my experience, Wal-mart is the best and most convenient place to buy H7 bulbs. They sell the Sylvania brand, which is equivalent to the OEM, and the prices are very reasonable (I mean, c'mon we're talking about Wal-mart here) :) Just look for H7 type, NOT H7 ST/2 or whatever it's called.

You do not even have to remove the entire headlamp assembly at all to access the bulbs. It involves just a few steps: Locate and disconnect the electrical connector behind the low beam bulb, remove the black rubber cap, and find the hinge which locks the low beam bulb in its place inside the headlamp assy and push it to release pressure, and pull out the bulb. You may have to duck your head upside down to get to the bulb in the last step. I suggest replacing both bulbs, not just the burnt out one, so that you get equal brightness from your headlights after replacement. Hope that helps out!

From my experience, Wal-mart is the best and most convenient place to buy H7 bulbs. They sell the Sylvania brand, which is equivalent to the OEM, and the prices are very reasonable (I mean, c'mon we're talking about Wal-mart here) :) Just look for H7 type, NOT H7 ST/2 or whatever it's called.

You do not even have to remove the entire headlamp assembly at all to access the bulbs. It involves just a few steps: Locate and disconnect the electrical connector behind the low beam bulb, remove the black rubber cap, and find the hinge which locks the low beam bulb in its place inside the headlamp assy and push it to release pressure, and pull out the bulb. You may have to duck your head upside down to get to the bulb in the last step. I suggest replacing both bulbs, not just the burnt out one, so that you get equal brightness from your headlights after replacement. Hope that helps out!

great, thanks for advice. problem is there is no wal-mart close to here, so i guess any other store would suffice . As far as replacing both, I ll see how easy first one goes, and if not lazy i will replace both. Otherwise i dont really look at the lights so i dont really care if one is brighter then other by a bit. With older car the deterioration of the headlamp itself will cause it to be diff a bit anyways.

Thanks again for advice.

Ilya

I loved my silverstars. Still have them in my high beams.

My suggestion is buy the $7 sylvania bulb. It's every bit as bright (Actually a hair brighter), so the color temperature is a little lower (i.e. it's not as "white" a light as a silverstar.)

Any store selling anything automotive should have both the normal sylvania bulbsfor less than $10usd, AND the silverstars for around $20-25usd. (20 being the real street price)

Replace them both, and re-aim the housings. You'd be surprized how many people blind others, and how many simply dno't have them aimed up & out enough to get a good pattern.

You can take this another step too, put some new sylvania bulbs in your fog lights too, and do the fog light relay mod so you can turn the lights on without the low beam being on. ;)

You can take this another step too, put some new sylvania bulbs in your fog lights too, and do the fog light relay mod so you can turn the lights on without the low beam being on. ;)

i got some 100w h3 bulbs in my fogs lights and the foglight mod :) works great so far. did have a guy starring at me at the gas station when i pulled in to get a pop and left, he was in a identical car as mine minus the rims, and foglight mod. he actually fliped his parklights on and walked to the front of his car, guess he was trying to do the same.

• 2 weeks later...

I loved my silverstars. Still have them in my high beams.

My suggestion is buy the $7 sylvania bulb. It's every bit as bright (Actually a hair brighter), so the color temperature is a little lower (i.e. it's not as "white" a light as a silverstar.)

Any store selling anything automotive should have both the normal sylvania bulbsfor less than $10usd, AND the silverstars for around $20-25usd. (20 being the real street price)

Replace them both, and re-aim the housings. You'd be surprized how many people blind others, and how many simply dno't have them aimed up & out enough to get a good pattern.

Hi Toysrme,

What do you mean by "do the fog light relay mod"? Can you keep the fog light on as a day ligt? Please calrify.

MJ

• 2 weeks later...