Holy Crap

Rx330driver

the title really says it all, i went in for an oil change and i got an ES350 loaner...FOR TWO DAYS. i have to give it back tmrw though :cries: . Anyways, i thought id share what i think of the car...its BRILLIANT, and i know im using a lot of capitals but it really describes what i think of the car. Its so smooth, quiet, and it accelerates without any pressure at all. I guess ill start with the pros of the car. even though its a loaner, it has the keyless go, which i think of a fascinating invention, and lets not forget the ventilated and heated seats, still trying to get used to the cold air under my thights :whistles: . I love the space of the car, huge trunk, even the legroom i think is bigger than in my RX, and i found out from my garage that the car is longer. I love the spedo and the light that follows the needle, i love the blueness of it. I love the way the license plate light when the headlights are on cover the entire back of the car, and its a bright white light too.

now the cons, which there arent many, and im just nit picking here. The quality i would not say is bad, but i do find the center console wood to be a little fake ish, especially if you open the compartments and see the painted red of the wood in the middle. I also do no like plastic thing under the shifter knob where the lettering for the P, R, N and D are, its a small boxy shape thats plasticy and weird looking. Also i found the dash material, that fake vinyl stuff to look really unlike leather, not like it is on my RX.

anyways, i realize this is a long post but i do encourage people to buy the car if they are on the edge, its a great car. i get to enjoy it for the next 12 hours. All in all, for that price, it is a lot of car

I saw one today again, I think its the same red one I've seen a couple times. The new red is pretty sharp, not as sharp as the garnet but sharp.

I think I probably will upgrade this fall, I'll have to decide whether I want the Tungsten pearl or the Moon Shell Mica oddly enough is growing on me...

This is the Moon Shell

0ad43ce24046385c0064b5abfaf2e3df.jpg

0ad475c34046385c0064b5ab2f29a4ce.jpg

With the grey interior, I'd probably get black again:

0ad4da334046385c0064b5aba92f2272.jpg

In person its silvery with a cool purple hue to it. At first I thought it was ghastly, but its really grown on me since then. Carla really likes it too, but she picked the Garnet last time LOL

I'm also contimplating keeping mine. Although that wouldn't make any sense, it seems a shame to trade it since its still such a great car. I'm going to lease the new one, so I don't need the down payment. Maybe there's a family member I can sell it to or something...

I like that color very much. The moons shell mica whatever.

My aunt has the crystal glacier pearl on her GS, that is nice too.

I have decided to keep mine and get eye surgery instead. :geek:

steviej

It doesn't make a difference whatever color you pick, more importantly, it amazes me how beautifully the paint is layed down on these cars! Not a trace of orange peel anywhere. :)

wait, is the moon shell mica that pink color, cause i saw it today and i dont really like it, to say the least. My loaner was tungston, i loved it, but its just a fancy name for silver. I also noticed on the car that you dont get the TAPE if you dont get the nav. wierd huh?

I also noticed on the car that you dont get the TAPE if you dont get the nav. wierd huh?

That's correct......but the tape player is on both the standard radio and the Mark Levinson radio.

I might add that it's one of the best sounding cassette players I've heard in a long time....even though that technology is a fast dying method of sound reproduction. :(

It doesn't make a difference whatever color you pick, more importantly, it amazes me how beautifully the paint is layed down on these cars! Not a trace of orange peel anywhere. :)

Some colors look better than others for it's styling I guess was my point. ;)

:cheers:

I have noticed that the paint is smoother than the paint on mine, more like the finish on the old 98 LS. I guess Lexus is finally getting the hang of the new low VOC paints.

As for the Moon Shell, I hated it the first time I saw it too, but you gotta see it a few more times. It grows on you. Kinda like fungus LOL.

I've still yet to see the tungsten though...

I have noticed that the paint is smoother than the paint on mine, more like the finish on the old 98 LS. I guess Lexus is finally getting the hang of the new low VOC paints.

As for the Moon Shell, I hated it the first time I saw it too, but you gotta see it a few more times. It grows on you. Kinda like fungus LOL.

I've still yet to see the tungsten though...

I don't know whether the smoothess is because of VOC paints alone......look at some of the lacquer paint jobs that were done many years ago......they looked like glass.

I saw the Tungsten color on the ES350 and they looked very similar to my Milennium Silver '03 ES.

Oh yeah, the laquer paint from way back when was definately smooth, but over the past 4-5 years carmakers have been forced to switch to lower VOC paints, these paints are more difficult to get to a totally smooth state with no orange peel.

From what I've heard about the Tungsten its similar to the classic silver on the 05-06, I never cared for millenium silver because its too tannish.

I stopped by my dealer today, no ES350s to easily see on the lot (they're building the second largest Lexus dealer on the east coast, so the stock is kept elsewhere for now) but there was a smoky granite loaner pulling in. Mine goes in week after next to get the sunroof adjusted (it got misaligned somehow) maybe I can swing a 350 loaner...

While visiting my local dealer I found it rather humorus when a saleswoman showed me the new Moonshell Mica and said she thought it looked too " Mary Kay ".

She must have sold cosmetics at one time :)

Patric

Oh yeah, the laquer paint from way back when was definately smooth, but over the past 4-5 years carmakers have been forced to switch to lower VOC paints, these paints are more difficult to get to a totally smooth state with no orange peel.

From what I've heard about the Tungsten its similar to the classic silver on the 05-06, I never cared for millenium silver because its too tannish.

I stopped by my dealer today, no ES350s to easily see on the lot (they're building the second largest Lexus dealer on the east coast, so the stock is kept elsewhere for now) but there was a smoky granite loaner pulling in. Mine goes in week after next to get the sunroof adjusted (it got misaligned somehow) maybe I can swing a 350 loaner...

I'm going to have to tell Steviej what you said about the Millenium Silver. LOL

Don't ask for the 350 as a loaner.....'cause you won't want to give it back. :)

too late, I already read it. I don't think the millenium looks anywhere near tan or even a hint of tannish. Maybe you are confusing it with the other greyish color that was available. It was more like an off-grey, they called it Alabaster Metallic (3Q4).

steviej

too late, I already read it. I don't think the millenium looks anywhere near tan or even a hint of tannish. Maybe you are confusing it with the other greyish color that was available. It was more like an off-grey, they called it Alabaster Metallic (3Q4).

steviej

I'm going to be in Potomac, MD in September......which is not too far where Steve lives.....and I'll make him pay for those negative remarks. hehe

there can only be so many colors out there, what they do is just add an extra pint of some color to change the entire name...smokey granite=flint mica, silver is silver

on another note, i have to say, all my upcoming cars must have keyless entry, it is a wonderful and convenient invention.

also, did anyone notice that the center dash slants to the passenger if your sitting in the back middle seat? i dont like that, but its hard to tell when your sitting in the front

on another note, i have to say, all my upcoming cars must have keyless entry, it is a wonderful and convenient invention.

I agree about that, except I'm still a little nervous thinking about "what if". LOL

Stevie, Sorry its the Millenium I'm thinking of ;) I like the purer silvers, like the classic silver they replaced it with in 2005. In certain lights it looks kind of tan to me. I don't care for Alabaster either. I definately would have taken Millenium though, in fact I very nearly did until Carla made me buy mine LOL.

While visiting my local dealer I found it rather humorus when a saleswoman showed me the new Moonshell Mica and said she thought it looked too " Mary Kay ".

LOL, thats exactly what I said when IO saw it the first time. Its kinda like that pink Mary Kay Cadillac. In the right light though it looks real purpley and rich. I don't care for it when it looks pink though...

there can only be so many colors out there, what they do is just add an extra pint of some color to change the entire name...smokey granite=flint mica, silver is silver

Flint Mica and Smoky Granite are very different colors. They may both be graphite in base, but the flake and the brilliance is totally different. Silver is also most definately not silver, there are MANY different variations of silver, and in fact some companies sell them all right next to each other.

I absolutely agree about the keyless entry/start. I always forget to pull the keys out after driving the Prius.

As for the dash, I think thats just a trick of the eye. It definately slants towards the driver.

Alan, Definately shoot me a PM and tell me when you'll be here, I'd love to get together. I grew up in Potomac, the mailing address I live at now is actually "North Potomac".