The New Buick?

Lexusfreak

Same thing that has been on the horizon for most American cars built since about 1975: mediocre levels of reliability, durability, owner satisfaction and value rentention. Net result: even more loss of market share is on the horizon for American car makers.

Monarch, did you even read the article? Its satire.

I agree.

The V8 in the motorized walker with 5 PT harness should have been the "key"; or the AARP is the Buzzzzzz word.“ Warning! Elderly Person On Board!” should have been a clue. :)

Monarch, did you even read the article? Its satire.

You're expecting monarch to spend his precious time reading something other than Toyota/Lexus corporate propaganda? What's the matter with you, SW? You're slipping, my friend....

You're expecting monarch to spend his precious time reading something other than Toyota/Lexus corporate propaganda?

I do confess to spending time reading owner testimonials about the durability of the RX300 AWD transmission. Testimonials like this one from LexiQueen @ May 29 2006, 04:44 PM:

"I have owned my 2001 RX300 [AWD] since day one Sep 20, 2000! I turned 161,000 miles this morning and this has been the best car, I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!! all in all I am very pleased! The only info I could find for changing transmission fluid was Sep 2004 97,900 miles. Apr 2006 155,400 miles. I am sure it was changed at other time especially if it was recommended."

I clicked the link and got the infamous error page "This page cannont be displayed".

wonder if it was shut down or pulled.

steviej

I think their complete website is down.

That might be due to the old guys at AARP resenting those remarks. :P