Outer Tail Lights Out

LexKid630

Today a yellow light in the right side of the gauge cluster lit up. In the manual it stated that one or more of the tail lights are out.

Turns out the outer tail lights are not working. The ones on the trunk are working, just not the ones attached to the car's body. When i pressed on the brakes, they still don't work.

Anyone know what could be wrong? Is it something simple i can do? I really don't feel like making an "appointment" at the dealer and driving all the way for something simple.

Thanks

thats your only solution, test to see if the bulbs went bad. it is kinda funny how both went out at the same time, might be a wiring problem but thats unlikely. if you dont know how to change the light bulbs, like me, then im afraid you will have to make an appointment with a mechanic.

i took off the carpet covering that covers the inside of the tailgate, and switched one of the bulbs with one of the ones that are not working. Well it still doesn't light... Even when i press the brake, it still doesn't go on. The bulb that was previously not working, now in the tailgate, works!

It must be the wiring then. I'll take it to the dealer this week if i can find the time!

Now i've got another problem... Two of the clips (male) that hold the carpet covering on the tailgate (female) got stuck ON the tailgate (didn't come off with the cover). Now the cover wont go flush with the tailgate! I'll have to take it back off and pop the clips out of the holes and slide them back into the proper place on the cover...

Just had to vent :(

Thanks guys!

Just thought of something, the outer lights harness is under the trunk cover near the spare tire. DO you have the tow package? Maybe your plug got bent or shorted. Anyway look at the wiring under the spare tire area, maybe something cut it.

Nope the rx300 doesn't have the tow package. I'll look under that cover today after work.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Well i looked around the spare tire, and well i couldn't find anything that looks like wires :(

I'm taking it in on Thursday to get it fixed; under warranty!

Thanks again

Well after a whole hour of trying to find the problem, they came up empty. They're keeping it for a few more days.

So i've got a silver Rx330 as a loaner. I really miss the 330 :(

Thanks for your support guys!