Turbonado! Has Anyone Ever Used This Product

I saw this product on ebay called Turbnado and its suppose to give you more gas mileage as well as give you a HP boost. You install it bewteen your air filter and your throttle body. Does anyone know of this? is this a good product? I'm trying to do anthing to save some money on gas as well put a little boost in my SC400. Thanks.

P.S. If anyone could recommend anthing similiar to this product that I could use would be helpful and appreciated.

I saw this product on ebay called Turbnado and its suppose to give you more gas mileage as well as give you a HP boost. You install it bewteen your air filter and your throttle body. Does anyone know of this? is this a good product? I'm trying to do anthing to save some money on gas as well put a little boost in my SC400. Thanks.

P.S. If anyone could recommend anthing similiar to this product that I could use would be helpful and appreciated.

Don''t buy that its a gimmick. Try using synthetic oil and keep your tire pressure right, that should help mileage more than whatever that thing you are talking about.

J.T>

My mechanic says that he has taken out 20 or thirty of these things and in every case the car runs better and gets at least as good gas mileage. Don't waste your monety.

I have used and researched the turbonator insert and other sheet metal wind aireators....If designed well and mounted well may have a minimal benifit...I would not recommend the purchase...If you want to look into a cheap and one of the best aftermarket intakes around for the SC's look into the BFI intakes........

Details on the BFI intake can be found at intellexual.net... Go to intakes and search under the SC section...Can't miss it...and you can rework it at home....

I have not seen an indepedent test.

I have and basically what the turbonator is, it is a circular sheet metal with fins that is mounted inside the air intake snorkel tube...When the air stream hits the sheet metal fins the air flow is changed and creates slightly better combustion when it hits the cylinder chambers...Kind of expands the intake air in circular motion...Hard to explain......Very very minimul gains...and if not mounted perfect and flush against the snorkel tube it can take away power....This is why I don't recommend it...

Since the snorkel tubes on Lexus's are ribbed it is very hard to mount these effectively...I would only say try and don't expect much unless you have an intake like mine....

Well I wanted to post a picture of my injen intake but for some reason this forum is not allowing me to post pictures....Don't understand why? Other forums no problem and this is the main reason I have stopped posting on this forum...Without pictures I really cannot offer people much help....If there is a forum administrator listening in you may want to help me out on this one.....

It sounds like the Tornado sleeve that's been advertised on TV for the past few years. I can understand the effect, but I'm not sure if it's going to save you that much fuel, it's designed to force more air into the chamber.

If the sleeve's being sold for under $30 you could put it in. I doubt you'll truely feel the change, but doesn't hurt to test it out.

Let us know what you find out if you try it.