First Gen Ls400 Battery Specification

mann777

CAN SOMEBODY TELL ME WHAT IS THE EXACT BATTERY SPECS FOR THE FIRST GEN LS. LAST EVENING MY CAR STARTED TO GIVE BIT PROBS ON THE BEGINNING, AND THEN LATER IT WAS OK. AS SOON AS I STOP THE ENGINE AND RESTART THE CRANKING TOOK TIME. I CHECKED WITH MY MECHANICS THEY SAID IT IS THE BATTERY, IT IS SLOWLY DYING OUT, THE OLD BATTERY WAS LAST PURCHASED IN 2OO3. IS THIS the LIFE SPAN OF THE MAINTENANCE FREE BATTERY. THEN I ENDED UP BUYING A PANASONIC CAR BATTERY TO AVOID ANY BRAKDOWNS

THE PANASONIC BATTERY SPECS ARE AS FOLLOWS

MODEL - MF80D26L

VOLT - 12V

CAPACITY 20HRS - 65AH

PLATE PER CELL - 15

WT WITH ACID - 19KG

RESERVE CAPACITY - 133

CCA -582

PANASONIC MAINTENANCE FREE BATTERY BOUGHT FROM THE DEALER ITSELF.

CAN SOMEBODY HELP ME ON THIS ISSUE, IT IT THE RIGHT SPECS USING FOR MY CAR. :)

CAN SOMEBODY TELL ME WHAT IS THE EXACT BATTERY SPECS FOR THE FIRST GEN LS. LAST EVENING MY CAR STARTED TO GIVE BIT PROBS ON THE BEGINNING, AND THEN LATER IT WAS OK. AS SOON AS I STOP THE ENGINE AND RESTART THE CRANKING TOOK TIME. I CHECKED WITH MY MECHANICS THEY SAID IT IS THE BATTERY, IT IS SLOWLY DYING OUT, THE OLD BATTERY WAS LAST PURCHASED IN 2OO3. IS THIS the LIFE SPAN OF THE MAINTENANCE FREE BATTERY. THEN I ENDED UP BUYING A PANASONIC CAR BATTERY TO AVOID ANY BRAKDOWNS

THE PANASONIC BATTERY SPECS ARE AS FOLLOWS

MODEL - MF80D26L

VOLT - 12V

CAPACITY 20HRS - 65AH

PLATE PER CELL - 15

WT WITH ACID - 19KG

RESERVE CAPACITY - 133

CCA -582

PANASONIC MAINTENANCE FREE BATTERY BOUGHT FROM THE DEALER ITSELF.

CAN SOMEBODY HELP ME ON THIS ISSUE, IT IT THE RIGHT SPECS USING FOR MY CAR. :)

mann:

DO NOT just "throw" a new battery in your car without having the charging system checked out first. That's a real good way to flush $100.00 to $150.00 down the drain. If your alternator or voltage regulator are dead, it won't take long to kill the new battery.

What amperage are we looking for installation, the previous battery exide was 65AH, and the same has been installed, now the dealer himself says this is the specification, Could someone abbreviate CCA ???. :whistles: How does this define the battery charge when the voltage and the amperage is as per per the specification. Also the reserve charge is around 133. What idoes the original manual say. I do have the owners manual, nowhere i can find the battery details for replacement. Some thoughts please would be highly appreciated. If somebody can scan a copy of the page which has this details, could it be mailed to me on mann68@gmail.com

If that's the size the dealer advises, good enough. The problem with chasing the big CCA batteries is that in order to achieve the high numbers, more plates are required. That means making them thinner in order to get them into the same size case. Thinner plates are more fragile, and the battery usually fails quickly by internal shorting when a plate collapses. Anything past 500 CCA will fling these engines over really well- they have reduction gear starters after all, and once running the alternator, which makes big power, does everything anyways.

Thanks gentleman, this convinces me, I had to add this to all The dealer himself quoted Panasonic are the stock batteries coming out for all the toyota models & Lexus range. The one mine costed 168$. As rightly said the size in terms of width is bit smaller, the performance is equal to the standard batteries. thanks once again to all to share their thoughts.

$168.00! Ouch.

I replaced the battery in my 93 LS in March. The cost for the 24F at Sam's Club was less than $50.00.

Our local Sam's Clubs do not stock the 27F, which is the correct battery. The 24F is slightly shorter in length.

A Delco 27F was available in our area, but the cost was about $75.00.

$168.00! Ouch.

I replaced the battery in my 93 LS in March. The cost for the 24F at Sam's Club was less than $50.00.

Our local Sam's Clubs do not stock the 27F, which is the correct battery. The 24F is slightly shorter in length.

A Delco 27F was available in our area, but the cost was about $75.00.

if your gonna spend 168 then i have no respect for you at all lol no just kidding if a dealers gonna give u a battery for 168 u better not buy that because a battery is a battery just depends how much power it puts out ever opened a battery? there all the same inside but then we have the spiral wall batterys or the "optima" batterys which have deep cycle. i currently have one of those in my car putting out about 800or so CCA and it only cost me 140 for that and im assuming the battery your getting from the dealer is only 500 or so CCA