Driving An Rx330 As A Loaner

My 400h is in for service and to fix a scratch, so I have a RX330 as a loaner for a few days. This experience truly makes me appreciate the Hybrid so much more. It's like driving a Ford truck compared to the smooth riding experience of the 400h. I miss the acceleration, the smooth riding down hills, the quietness, the steering, and just about everything about the driving experience. There is absolutely no way I could ever go back to the gas version of the RX.

Only thing I like is that it does not have that annoying bell if i don't put the seat belt on immediately! Any way to fix this on the 400h?

My 400h is in for service and to fix a scratch, so I have a RX330 as a loaner for a few days. This experience truly makes me appreciate the Hybrid so much more. It's like driving a Ford truck compared to the smooth riding experience of the 400h. I miss the acceleration, the smooth riding down hills, the quietness, the steering, and just about everything about the driving experience. There is absolutely no way I could ever go back to the gas version of the RX.

Only thing I like is that it does not have that annoying bell if i don't put the seat belt on immediately! Any way to fix this on the 400h?

Put on your seat belt :chairshot:

Thank you, Thank you very much... I'll be here all week. :D

No really, I've had the same experience when mine has been in for service and I'm on the loner... gawd it's sluggish and wallowy to drive a 330 after getting used to the 400h. Definitely the right choice.

The only thing I like about the 330 is the abilty to downshift in heavy traffic, the B position doesn't quite have the same effect. But I'm comming off driving manuals my whole life so the CVT is a huge change for me. I do love how smooth it is tho.

Sorry to hear about your scratch. Mine now has a little door ding... I see it every time I go to get in. <_<

sigh...*kicks car*.

well see, first off, there is that annoying bell thing there, i guess they disabled it on your loaner or something. and second, i guess i shouldnt ever ever ever test drive an rx400h because i still think my car is fun to drive. :D

u dont know what u are missing with that rx330,,i drove one a few weeks ago while my 400 was getting service,,,i really took the quiet easy start of the electric engine for granted,,

it felt like such a hard time just to start the 330,,,to feel it make the shifting of the trans almost felt like whiplash to my neck,,,,and of course the lack of power over the 400,,definitely worth the extra money even if u dont save it in gas,,although now with gas at over $3 and rising,,just adds to the reasons to not regret buying the 400,,,,although i am not wishing for gas to go higher just to see the savings in price,,,,NOT WORTH IT,,

gas has reached an all time high in sanfrancisco, $3.57 sigh. they predicted that it would be summer until 3.50 rolls around. Now that the rx350 is out, the power is practically equal, and that car is said to get mid to high 20s for mpg.

I'm getting 17.5 mpg in 2 days with the 330 loaner, same commute, driving pattern. I'm always 24-25 in the 400h. I have somewhat of a heavy foot and lots of hills around my house/commute to work.

Is the suspension more stiff in the 330 has well? Its feels really jaring every time I hit a bump. It has 10k miles. My 400h has 5k miles. I hope it doesn't turn into this.

This experience is kinda funny because 2 years ago I had a 330 and thought it was as smooth as butter. Great job of Lexus of improving on that platform so much.

Now that the rx350 is out, the power is practically equal, and that car is said to get mid to high 20s for mpg.

But no CVT and no electric only idling or stealth. Until you drive an RX400h you won't know how much more enjoyable these things make the RX.

I never had any desire to own an RX330, I always said I'd buy an FX35 instead. I would however buy an RX400h, fuel savings aside.

lol yes, if i could choose the car again, i would choose the rx400h, but that problem is that ive only owned this car for 2 years. As for the FX35, i dont find it as elegant, its more butch and the rear end is a little too "bug" like for me, more than the RX series

lol yes, if i could choose the car again, i would choose the rx400h, but that problem is that ive only owned this car for 2 years. As for the FX35, i dont find it as elegant, its more butch and the rear end is a little too "bug" like for me, more than the RX series

I will have to make sure that I don't drive the 400h so I don't hate my RX... :(

I also do not like the FX35...and have loved my RX330 so far, I don't really care about the horsepower not driving a race car, sure I would love for a even smoother ride...but have not driven the 400h so I don't know what I am missing! As far as the MPG I am happy with what I am getting 21 - 24 MPG since I have had it. Most of my drive is highway so no real big deal with the 400h on that. The only thing that I would of loved to have is the :censored: tax credit...