Rx - New Design Due?

malik

the rx330 was first introduced in 2004. the rx300 was around for something like 6 years so i doubt there will be a redesign anytime soon.

I've seen pics of the 07 RX 350, and it looks almost no change from the 330. Why mess with something that works (and sells).

I was told by a long term salesman that the RX gets a third row seat in the fall....

And there is the issue of the new 2007 RX400h...

And the RX350 should have had the DFI engine from the get-go..

And EPS.....Electric Power Stearing is a definite asset, a BIG one.

And maybe a move to rear torque biasing now that the VC is back in use.

No freakin way the current RX will get a 3rd row seat----Will not happen as its WAYYYYYYYYYYYYY to small for that.. Ill put money on that!

I have to agree, with that sentiment. Additionally a third row of seats would aim it more at the "family" market segment which I don't think is Lexus' target market for these vehicles.

No freakin way the current RX will get a 3rd row seat----Will not happen as its WAYYYYYYYYYYYYY to small for that.. Ill put money on that!

I have to agree, with that sentiment. Additionally a third row of seats would aim it more at the "family" market segment which I don't think is Lexus' target market for these vehicles.

Sooner or later, Lexus will enter the minivan segment, that's where they'll put the 3-row seat vehicles.

Based on M/B dismal sales of the R class I dont think they will be rushing to get that out.

I think the R class was the answer to a question nobody asked. $70k is a lot to pay for a reworked Pacifica.

With all the high end features on minivans now, I don't think anyone feels the need to buy a minivan from luxury carmakers.

there is a demand for it. I actually own an R Class which isnt that nice of a car. People do like the convenience of the sport wagon. A car like as the RX is they are people that look at it and say its a SUV and wont consider it. When Lexus does it they will do it right. If not Toyota will. Toyota had a truck at the Auto Show where the seats configured into a limo type setting and the drivers seat spun around. It edefintely turned heads.

M/B was offering great deals to employees and associates. Our dealership owns a M/B dealer as well. Between all the rebates and incentives It cost me about $7000. to drive the car for 27 months. It replaced my wifes RX 330 which was her 2nd one. She wanted something different. Its different

Too long, Impossible to parrallell park. The suspension makes every bump feel like a crater. I have already replaced the window from a stress crack im sure was brought on by this.People talk about the ability to use the navigation while moving. Its almost impossible to use while standing still. The toggle switch is a joke. The nav system is years behind. The doors which are hugh are eay to get in and out of but are hard to open in parking spaces . The Panaramic roof is great. The captains chair seating is defintely nice and easy to maneuver when car seats are involved.

Its worth the money overall just on the fact it makes me appreciate the finer details of Lexus everyday.

Then I guess that means that we will have a new body style in the fall to accomodate the third row seat.

I would have said (did say..??) that the Highlander would never go to a third row seat....

Who would have guessed that the new RAV4 would have a third row seat..??

On the other hand those "sideways" third row seats that "store" in the LX470 and GX470 might be the way Lexus will do the RX350 third row seats.

RX not scheduled for a change that soon. The new RX will be good for atleast another year {2008} without a full redesign. There is still 2 cars ahead of it on the re-design board. If the HPX makes it to Lexus it should have the 3rd Row on a longer platform.

post-1162-1145921961.jpg

Then I guess that means that we will have a new body style in the fall to accomodate the third row seat.

I would have said (did say..??) that the Highlander would never go to a third row seat....

Who would have guessed that the new RAV4 would have a third row seat..??

On the other hand those "sideways" third row seats that "store" in the LX470 and GX470 might be the way Lexus will do the RX350 third row seats.

Remember wwest, we've already seen the RX350 and we KNOW that there is no change to the bodystyle. Perhaps when the vehicle gets redesigned we may see a 3rd row seat, but Lexus has NEVER redesigned a model before 5 years.