Ls Tunes Up

Caleb

I have a judgement call. My friend here at SIU offers all sorts of good automotive deals to me but they're all done by students of the department for dirt cheap. Should I trust these dude to do a tune up, or should I goto lexus and pay a fortune?

I guess it all depends on what you are wanting done.....ignition componets, filters, fluids, others of that sort should be fine for them to do. I'd save the more complicated work for a more experienced mechanic.

Do they garantee their work? Are they insured to test drive?

Consider how pleased you will be when they perhaps strip a spark plug thread in the head, about saving money letting the underqualified do a tune-up.

Mechanics gain experience working on Cavaliers and K-cars, and then move on to more challenging cars like ours.

You get what you pay for.

Do they garantee their work? Are they insured to test drive?

Consider how pleased you will be when they perhaps strip a spark plug thread in the head, about saving money letting the underqualified do a tune-up.

Mechanics gain experience working on Cavaliers and K-cars, and then move on to more challenging cars like ours.

You get what you pay for.

S:

You aren't advocating the deprivation of the young, willing & eager to learn of the knowledge & experience that comes from the successful installation of Heli-Coils in spark plug holes, are you?.....................

[

S:

You aren't advocating the deprivation of the young, willing & eager to learn of the knowledge & experience that comes from the successful installation of Heli-Coils in spark plug holes, are you?.....................

Not at all - but learning how to do a heli-coil is best done on a bench, and on a junk head.

Threadcutter you have the best selection of avatars I have yet seen. Riff Raff is my hero.....well amongst many, a list that includes Doug MacArthur.....but he's not near as funny.

"It's just a jump to the left!"